What's your all time favorite song?

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Okay guys and gals, what's your all time favorite song? This is a song that just speaks to you for whatever reason. It can be any genre, any style, and be any age. This song is just timeless to you!

I'm not necessarily looking for a screaming, shredding, ear bleeding metal song here, but if it is, then that's okay too.

My answer is a song from Crosby, Stills, and Nash. The song is called "Southern Cross". That's my desert island song! I'm a big vocal guy and the vocal harmonies on that song are perfect to me! I've dug that song ever since I was a young lad and at 30 years of age, I still love it! :worship:

So, what's yours?

Trying to narrow it down to a band is difficult enough, but ONE SONG? Sheesh...

Danger Danger - "Bang Bang"

Not so much that the song "speaks" to me or is even all that good...there's just something about it.

I hate it when you ask for one answer and people give ten. However, I can't truly say any one song is my all-time favortie:

Autumn Reflection - Novembers Doom
Demise and Vestige - Zero Hour
Dracula - Iced Earth
Dreaming Neon Black - Nevermore
Face of Melinda - Opeth
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Knock'em Dead Kid - Motley Crue
Parker's Eyes - Redemption
Take Hold of the Flame - Queensryche
The Coffin Ships - Primordial

Zod

General Zod said:
I hate it when you ask for one answer and people give ten. However, I can't truly say any one song is my all-time favortie:

Knock'em Dead Kid - Motley Crue

Zod

Zod, Motley Crue would've been the last band that I thought you would've stuck on your list! :)

All time??? To name one song is pretty much impossible, so I'll follow Zod and give you 10 out of about a gazillion:

"You've Got Another Thing Coming" - Judas Priest
"Love Gun" - KISS
"Surrender" - Cheap Trick
"Future World" - Pretty Maids
"Stargazer" - Rainbow
"Its a Long Way To The Top (if you wanna rock-n-roll)" - AC/DC
"Hallowed Be Thy Name" - Iron Maiden
"Flight of Icarus" - Iron Maiden
"Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt.1" - Helloween
"And Then There Was Silence" - Blind Guardian

Crazy Train By Ozzy w/Randy RHoads
also love:
Die Hard by Venom
Still of the Night by Whitesnake
Noone Like You by Scorpions
Pull Me under by Dream Theater
Dreaming by Yngwie Malmsteen

My change and have changed over the years for various reasons so I to, do not have just one answer...

Boston - More than a Feeling
Dream Theater - Learning to LIve
Queensryche - Eyes of a Stranger
MSG - Desert Song
Lynch Mob - For a Million Years

I could go on and on but I wont :headbang:

Easy for me...and it will never change:

BELIEVE

On my favorite album - STREETS

By my favorite Band - Savatage

A band, album and song that changed my life...forever. I have loved music since I can remember, but no band has ever affected me like Sava. RIP, my brother Criss. His white charvel and roses adorn my left shoulder and bicept...forever. Some people say I'm obsessed. Whatever. I just got "O-Cubed"!!! <Oliva, Oliva, O'Neill>

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

SavaVIDude said:
Easy for me...and it will never change:

BELIEVE

On my favorite album - STREETS

By my favorite Band - Savatage

A band, album and song that changed my life...forever. I have loved music since I can remember, but no band has ever affected me like Sava. RIP, my brother Criss. His white charvel and roses adorn my left shoulder and bicept...forever. Some people say I'm obsessed. Whatever. I just got "O-Cubed"!!! <Oliva, Oliva, O'Neill>

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

:headbang: Believe is for sure one of my all time faves as well. :worship:

I was so happy that Jon sang that during the WMD set at PPV!