What's your all time favorite song?

edgeofthorns said:
:headbang: Believe is for sure one of my all time faves as well. :worship:

I was so happy that Jon sang that during the WMD set at PPV!

When I saw who started this thread, I thought yours might be a Sava song!! I never saw Sava with Criss, but every time I have seen Sava/WOMD, Jon has sung it. The first time I saw Sava (in Atlanta, oddly enough!!) on the WOM tour, I looked around during BELIEVE and I wasn't the only person in tears. Weird for a rock concert!!

I have also noticed every time Jon sings

"So I plot and I plan
Hope and I scheme
To the lure of a night
Filled with unfinished dreams",

He points up. Now, so do I when I hear that verse. I truly BELIEVE Jon was saying "goodbye" from Sava that night at ProgPower. Two things:

1. The setlist - Almost half the songs were from STREETS. I can't BELIEVE he started with "Heal My Soul" (my 82 year old MoM listens to that song almost every day!!). And playing "Somewhere In Time" and BELIEVE back-to-back gave me chills which I just got again!!

2. Jon set up in the middle front of the stage. And more importantly, he came out from behing the keyboard and sang with mike in hand, just like the old days!!

I truly BELIEVE STREETS was Criss' epitaph that he help write and play. It was he that found Paul's book and told the band that they needed to make that story into a Rock Opera. I feel that Jon had turned the corner on his brother's death sometime on or just before that night and their own music had A LOT to do with it. On that note - WAY TO GO GLENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing missing that night (besides Criss - RIP) was Johnny. Any reason he couldn't make it?? That would have made the night perfect.

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

If a gun was held to my head, and I could only truly pick one song...well, I'd be pissed. But it would probably be:

Black Sabbath - "Heaven and Hell"

Sorry to many songs to choose from. here's my top ten:headbang:
In no particular order:
Iron Maiden: "Hallowed Be Thy Name" Album: The Number Of The Beast
Metallica: "Disposable Heroes" Album: Master Of Puppets
Rush: "2112" Album: 2112
Fates Warning: "The Ivory Gate of Dreams" Album: No Exit
Pain Of Salvation: "Idioglossia" Album: Elements Pt. 1
Napalm Death: "Suffer The Children" Album: Harmony Corruption
Obituary: "Slowly We Rot" Album: Slowly We Rot
Sepultura: "Troops Of Doom" Album: Schizophrenia or Morbid Visions
Slayer: "Angel Of Death" Album: Reign in Blood
Rage Against The Machine: "Know Your Enemy" Album: RATM

Iron Maiden-HBTN... everytime I hear it my heart starts to race

and

Benny Mardones-Into the night

I remember gettin laid in high school with Cutting Crew's (I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight blasting somewhere outside the room so that song always makes me feel good. Tied for first place would be the live version of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb from Pulse. David Gilmour was absolutely incredible live!

SavaVIDude said:
When I saw who started this thread, I thought yours might be a Sava song!! I never saw Sava with Criss, but every time I have seen Sava/WOMD, Jon has sung it. The first time I saw Sava (in Atlanta, oddly enough!!) on the WOM tour, I looked around during BELIEVE and I wasn't the only person in tears. Weird for a rock concert!!

I have also noticed every time Jon sings

"So I plot and I plan
Hope and I scheme
To the lure of a night
Filled with unfinished dreams",

He points up. Now, so do I when I hear that verse. I truly BELIEVE Jon was saying "goodbye" from Sava that night at ProgPower. Two things:

1. The setlist - Almost half the songs were from STREETS. I can't BELIEVE he started with "Heal My Soul" (my 82 year old MoM listens to that song almost every day!!). And playing "Somewhere In Time" and BELIEVE back-to-back gave me chills which I just got again!!

2. Jon set up in the middle front of the stage. And more importantly, he came out from behing the keyboard and sang with mike in hand, just like the old days!!

I truly BELIEVE STREETS was Criss' epitaph that he help write and play. It was he that found Paul's book and told the band that they needed to make that story into a Rock Opera. I feel that Jon had turned the corner on his brother's death sometime on or just before that night and their own music had A LOT to do with it. On that note - WAY TO GO GLENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing missing that night (besides Criss - RIP) was Johnny. Any reason he couldn't make it?? That would have made the night perfect.

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

I could've left the festival and been satisfied after I heard Jon sing that song. There were a couple of things I've questioned about how things went down with the WMD set. For instance, why wasn't Johnny and Jeff there? Why management wouldn't allow Glenn to advertise it as a Savatage performance? I realize Glenn isn't able to answer those questions, but those are my thoughts.

Anyway, the WMD performance was the first time I had ever witnessed the Savaguys live before and hopefully it won't be my last! I'm still holding on for a reunion with the full band sometime. :kickass:

Bear said:
My change and have changed over the years for various reasons so I to, do not have just one answer...

Boston - More than a Feeling
Dream Theater - Learning to LIve
Queensryche - Eyes of a Stranger
MSG - Desert Song
Lynch Mob - For a Million Years

I could go on and on but I wont :headbang:

Queensryche seems a popular choice. For me it was "Breaking the Silence" really what turned me on to them.
Other songs;

10cc - I'm Not In Love
Aerosmith - Dream On:kickass:
Boston - A Man I'll Never Be:headbang:
Kansas - The wall

SavaVIDude said:
The first time I saw Sava (in Atlanta, oddly enough!!) on the WOM tour, I looked around during BELIEVE and I wasn't the only person in tears. Weird for a rock concert!!

Couldn't have been a better show. The Outer Edge with about 75 people max. Almost a private concert IIRC.

Bear said:
My change and have changed over the years for various reasons so I to, do not have just one answer...

Boston - More than a Feeling
Dream Theater - Learning to LIve
Queensryche - Eyes of a Stranger
MSG - Desert Song
Lynch Mob - For a Million Years

I could go on and on but I wont :headbang:
You big sap!

Good pick Bobbed Freak -- Sleep is a GREAT song too!!