your favourite dt artwork

what is your favourite dark tranquillity piece of art?

• skydancer

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • of chaos and eternal night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • skydancer american reissue

• the gallery

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • the mind's i

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • projector

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • haven

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • damage done

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • live damage dvd

• enter suicidal angels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"Damage Done exudes a dark restlessness longing to understand the technology of the outside world"

Damage Done, not because the others arent nice, but it's dark and red :loco: And i like the album as a whole more than the other albums. I don't want to post my thoughts on what i think it represents.

I put my vote on Haven. It's very goodlooking and cool, and I do also think that it fits the music good. I don't have the booklet available since I'm at work and I'd like to meditate a bit over it first, but maybe I'll get back to this tomorrow.

"Damage Done" because it expresses all the anguish and inner torment present in the music and lyrics of this album. I appreciate CDs whose cover interacts well with the songs. And "Damage Done" is a prime example of this.

I voted for "Haven" but only because "Enter Suicidal Angels" was not in the list ;) It would have been a hard decision between those two otherwise, since "Haven" is slightly too green for my taste, but otherwise terribly stylish, and I like it.
"The Mind´s I" comes as third.

"Haven" is the most clear artwork, without being un-complex, so you have already several layers of reception at the cover, same as you usually have on songs. "Damage done" is also not bad, but not so special.

in that case, yes move it to the other one, so "haven" is on place no2, please. I have some kind of affinity to things with the word "angel" in it :) (though I am not suicidal, though)

EDIT: typo. I am really not suicidal, I even can´t spell it correctly ;D

I chose the Live Damage DVD, because it's done extremely well including the menus and so on... all fits perfectly together... So, here's my ranking:

1. Live Damage
2. Haven
3. The Mind's I

Sorry, but DD is great but not as good as these ones... would be at my Number 4, I guess... And the "Tranquillity" Cassette Album is Number 5?!? Maybe, but not for sure...

Child of Time said:
but I don't know what the designer - whoever he/she is - was thinking about when putting the text on that background.
probably about the reissue that's gonna come out soon, finally with readable and revised (albeit not word-accurate, for stylistic reasons) text. :)

Child of Time said:
Reissue? Is it only TMI or anymore albums? Now I'm curious.
and the gallery. the latter will feature some (most, all, dunno) dt cover songs as bonus tracks - nothing unpublished before though - and tmi will also include esa. the cover artwork is going to remain the same (the logo will get a little freshening up ;)), but the booklets will be partly different and, like i said easier to read and with most typos/omissions corrected. for a matter of aesthetics, the band decided to leave some of the discrepancies between the singing and the written word, but you all will be able to check the whole unabridged version on this board and, at some point, on the lyrics page on the official site.