Your favourite guitarist?

Cooley, Bellas, Howe, Petucci, Forte, Lane, Coenen, Vai, Friedman, Becker, Gilbert, Buckethead(just starting to get into some of his stuff, if you can get passed the ridiculous bucket thing then he is great),Romeo....those are the ones that come to mind right now, ill prolly be sitting in front of the TV later and realize i missed someone....and its not necessarily in that order either

George Lynch
Akira Takasaki
Michael Romeo
Yngwie
Eddie Van Halen
Tony MacAlpine
Steve Vai
Jim Matheos
Chris DeGarmo
Michael Wilton
Uli Jon Roth
Matthias Jabs
Alex Skolnick
Jake E. Lee
Warren DeMartini
Marty Friedman
Dave Mustaine
Jon Schaffer
Ritchie Blackmore
Wolf Hoffman
Neal Schon
Ronnie LeTekro
Ace Frehley

SR wrote
i certainly do.. it kicks serious ass. I love jazz and fusion as well as metal. p.s. you'll have to move to townsville and be MY shred wench baby

I like the climate in Townsville....playing guitar in winter would be much easier up there....what happens if i become your shred wench?..are you gonna whip me with a guitar strap as i play all the licks i stole off the Richie Kotzen and Paul Gilbert instuctional videos?

My fav. guitar players:

Michael Romeo
Stephan Forté
Yngwie Malmsteen
John Petrucci
Michael Angelo
Jarle H. Olsen
Tommy Emmanuel
my brother ;)

Seems like a lot people don't know Tommy, but I think that isn't hard to understand because he only plays acoustic guitar and no metal at all. A guy from Australia and really awesome :worship:

In no particular order:

Dave Mustaine
Alexi Laiho
Jeff Loomis
Dave Murray
Adrian Smith
Michael Romeo
Michael Weikath
Zakk Wylde
Randy Rhoads
Damien

Medusa's eyes said:
My fav. guitar players:

Michael Romeo
Stephan Forté
Yngwie Malmsteen
John Petrucci
Michael Angelo
Jarle H. Olsen
Tommy Emmanuel
my brother ;)

Seems like a lot people don't know Tommy, but I think that isn't hard to understand because he only plays acoustic guitar and no metal at all. A guy from Australia and really awesome :worship:
I heard of him, but I didn't hear him. There's a chance I'll be seeing him live, he's playing in the neighbourhood very soon.

I always found Tommy's compositions to be a little boring...its not that he's a bad guitarist, if you like that acoustic Chet Atkins type of playing then he's your man but as far as aussie guitarists go its hard to look past Garsed, Gambale and Taliwakker (pick the odd one out :) )

Taliwakker said:
SR wrote

Goddam SR...you really are gonna have to move to Canberra and be my shred-wench, marry me or at least have a brief affair....any chick who can dig Lane and Garsed deserves some major biscuit points....you got Centrifugal Funk?
Guess who was the guy that introduced her to them! So I get to have the affiar! Who's your daddy SR, whos your daddy!!!!:loco:

My fav's;
Allan Holdsworth
Frank Gambale
Brett Garsed
Greg Howe
John Scofield

MorphineChild205 said:
Romeo, Petrucci and Satriani are my favorite guitarists.

They should kick Vai off G3 and have these three instead.

As interesting as that would be, I think that Vai will never leave. He's quite a guitarist, and can definitely shred like the rest of them, if not better than the rest. Vai is the ultimate in guitarism in terms of technique/emotion IMO, but he's a little bit too weird for my likings, although I'm sure that will change in due time. Now on a completley different topic, I think an interesting G3 would be Yngwie, Romeo, and Laiho :Spin:

NegativeVolume said:
As interesting as that would be, I think that Vai will never leave. He's quite a guitarist, and can definitely shred like the rest of them, if not better than the rest. Vai is the ultimate in guitarism in terms of technique/emotion IMO, but he's a little bit too weird for my likings, although I'm sure that will change in due time. Now on a completley different topic, I think an interesting G3 would be Yngwie, Romeo, and Laiho :Spin:
yes..Vai.. well, I like him, I bought his 'Live @ The Astoria' DVD + the new G3 dvd, and on the G3 he's great. But on his own DVD he's just TOO weird, he overdoes the strange 'alien' noises, I get tired of it very soon :erk:. His cut "I know you're here" on the G3 DVD is GREAT though.

aiwass said:
Guthrie Govan
I saw his videos on tone merchants! Fuckin Great!:OMG:

After seeing Deep Purple last night I'll also like to add STEVE MORSE!! to my list. The man is just a genius, even in Deep Purple! His solo spot was beautiful/impressive/kickass and amazing. Just awsomme, and I'm not a big Deep Purple Fan.

SilentRealm said:
us Aussies know of Tommy Emmanuel, he is/was very famous here more so in the early 90's I think. Considered to be one of our best guitarists I would imagine.
Hmmm,... yes and no. I saw him a couple of years ago. Good, but not great. Ive seen *better* acoustic players (like another australian Michael Fix). Apparently his little brother Phil is actually more of a advance player than Tommy is, just his alcohol and drug assumption and bad stage performance kinda prevents him from getting the fam his brother Tommy does.
Tommy does have some good rhythm tho! Thats also because he was originally a drummer.