Your Favourite Neurosis Album?

Favourite Neurosis Album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Haze

Aug 13, 2005
Select your choice in the poll above, and explain your reasoning if you wish. I have listened to all except the first two. My favourite is "Enemy of the Sun", however I enjoy most of the material and often chill out to "Times of Grace" and "A Sun That Never Sets". This band isn't for everyone however. Voice your opinion... now. :cool:

I cast my vote for A Sun that Never Sets, although Souls at Zero was definitely involved in a toss-up therewith. Through Silver and Blood and Enemy of the Sun are amazing as well (I do not in fact own Times of Grace), but A Sun that Never Sets comes out the winner for me every time. That fuckin' record consumes all of those that hear it and furthermore everything that stands in its way. Dangerous listening, that.

Times of Grace, with Through Silver in Blood very close. On some days, I would have chosen the latter though. I believe Times of Grace is their "bridge" album of sorts.

Souls At Zero followed by Times of Grace. Stripped is my favorite Neurosis song.

Neurosis is one of the few bands I can think of that has had a long and stable career (only like one lineup change in 15 years or so) and never made a single questionable album. Everything has been either solid or brilliant. Amazing band. I'd have to choose between Souls at Zero or A Sun That Never Sets as my favourites (I chose Souls today).

The entire thing of people finding something non-convential boring these days gets old. rly

I'm new to Neurosis, what should I start with? (and yes I know I could just go with the one that gets the most poll votes, but what's the best introduction to them)?

I'm really new to them and have only heard Through Silver in Blood . Quite interesting,if a bit stale. Reminds me of Godflesh sometimes. I need more listens to evaluate it properly

Through Silver In Blood and A Sun That Never Sets are the only albums I've heard, but I like tSiB best out of those two.

Souls at Zero is up there with the geatest albums ever and must have been a revelation when it was released but A Sun that Never Sets is my favourite. Its their most unusual and off-putting at first but exudes this earthy mysticism that probably has something to do with its simple, floating melodies that don't try and sound relaxing or peaceful.