Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Given To The Rising

• I am extremely gay and never heard them or dont like them

• Total voters
I really like this song:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=647ItKj0sKw&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Neurosis is really kicking my dick in, right now. It's all I've been listening to. They shit all over Isis, imo.

This is their greatest song. If the outro doesn't give you an orgasm then you need new ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got into TEoES too much. There are a couple great songs on it but overall I never got into it as much as the previous releases. The same can be said for GTtR although, to be fair, I never even gave that one a chance for some reason. Probably because when it was released I was listening to other stuff. My opinion is that the zenith of their light/dark material is their initial release of that kind of sound; AStNS.

I never got into TEoES too much. There are a couple great songs on it but overall I never got into it as much as the previous releases. The same can be said for GTtR although, to be fair, I never even gave that one a chance for some reason. Probably because when it was released I was listening to other stuff. My opinion is that the zenith of their light/dark material is their initial release of that kind of sound; AStNS.

Nah. A Sun That Never Sets is just experimentations gone halfway. The Eye of Every Storm is where the experiments were fully realized. This is Neurosis at their most pure, and comfortable sounding. There is filler on A Sun That Never Sets while Eye is a complete piece, with nothing out of place. I'll agree with Given To The Rising, although I feel the first and last tracks on that album are some of their best work. The Eye of Every Storm is my all time favorite album, so I feel it my duty to defend it at all costs. :)

. There is filler on A Sun That Never Sets while Eye is a complete piece, with nothing out of place. )

Out of curiosity, which songs do you find to be filler? ASTNS is one of the few complete masterpieces I've ever gorged on. Sure some of it is extremely low tempo, and about as mellow as Demilich after smoking a bowl, but it all lends a juxtaposition to those soul capturing moments that tear at your conscious.

Out of curiosity, which songs do you find to be filler? ASTNS is one of the few complete masterpieces I've ever gorged on. Sure some of it is extremely low tempo, and about as mellow as Demilich after smoking a bowl, but it all lends a juxtaposition to those soul capturing moments that tear at your conscious.

Resound, From Where It's Roots Run, and Stones From The sky runs a bit too long.

I always default to A Sun That Never Sets but dammit, there are a lot of close second place albums. The Eye of Every Storm was where I started, but I did see them live in the '90s once and thought "some day I will love this band."

Through Silver in Blood took me about 200 listens before I understood why it is so revered. Times of Grace about the same amount. Honor Found in Decay is my choice for the modern era.

ASTNS was an immediately perfect experience. I consider this the apex Neurosis album because it's a perfect blend of the early days with the latter era. It's like they climbed the mountain to get there, and have been slowly descending ever since. Not in a bad way, just the journey home.

(I still haven't heard the first three albums WTF.)

Dude. Really? Souls at Zero is awesome

Everything before Souls at Zero is, more or less, a curiosity listen.

Times of Grace was my cherry popper with Neurosis. Still love it to this day. I think Eye of Every Storm just fits my mood these days.

I never got into ASTNS. I just need to listen to it more. Same with Fires Within Fires, which admittedly, I've only listened to a handful of times.

I think I may have heard a song or two years ago, but I just listened to the first half and bought the CD before the end of the first song. I love how a heavy Neurosis riff makes even the heaviest doom band sound like early Beatles by comparison.

The Eye of Every Storm is the only Neurosis album I can listen to any time, any mood. All the others I need the right environment it seems. The only one I still don't care much for is Given to the Rising, but I feel like some day I'll "get" it maybe.

one thing i havent heard is times of grace and the companion tribes of neurot cd played simultaneously. maybe youtube has it.

hell, it might even be released on cd. ive been outta the neurosis loop a bit.