Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am extremely gay and never heard them or dont like them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
Now THIS is a fucking tough task to put on you guys. I will refrain from voting for the time being. ;)

Although it's a toss-up between Enemy of The Sun, Through Silver In Blood, and A Sun That Never Sets.

Edit: and Times of Grace. :zombie:

You know, I've bounced back and forth for years with Neurosis... and an album I love will not seem as amazing to me two years later...

Except for "Through Silver In Blood" and that one just freaking lingers.

Haven't listened to enough of Given to the Rising to place it in the hierarchy of their work.

I was actually disappointed with GTtR, but the last time I listened to it, it seemed a tad better. Time will tell.

edit: There is no such thing as a BAD Neurosis album by any stretch of the imagination.

Souls at Zero by a pubic hair ahead of Times of Grace. Those two have a 5/5 on my rateyourfaggotry page. The others are beyond criticism too, but just not quite as milestone-ish as the two above.

"Through Silver in Blood". Gives a strong impression but you never fully get it.
Title track, "Purify", "Locust Star" "Strength of Fates" and "Aeon" are the other reasons. I'll admit that "Enclosure in Flames" is not the best album closer but apart from that it's really flawless. I guess this one is my fav cause I was already familiar with Isis which crushing power I favored over Neurosis most heavy relaeses such as Time of Grace or Enemy of the Sun.. back in 2002. What a year!

Sorry for the metal talk, but...

So are Through Silver and Blood and A Sun That Never Sets usually regarded as the best? I've always been familiar with a smattering of Neurosis songs, but never really got into the albums. Which ones are essential?

So are Through Silver and Blood and A Sun That Never Sets usually regarded as the best? I've always been familiar with a smattering of Neurosis songs, but never really got into the albums. Which ones are essential?
Although I'm hardly a big fan of Neurosis, I've been intrigued enough by them to follow the discussions about them on the forum. It seems that TSiB and EoES are the discs most commonly hailed as their standout works.

ASTNS simultaneously drains and empowers, what a monumental piece of art. :kickass:

With the wind at your back and the light in your eyes,
the freeze of your blindness will show.

Under the cloud cover, the flares signal change.
Will you ever know?

The fields they are burning, the smoke chokes your breath.
Will you stand or run?