Your First Opeth CD

Originally posted by Draxx
Which Opeth CD was your first to own? Mine, Morningrise, I purchased just today. I think I'll listen to it as I go to sleep tonight. It gives me a peacefull feeling when I listen to it. I also bought my first Symphony X CD today. Do you think I made a good choice with my first Opeth CD?
You made the best possible choice if you ask me, Morningrise is my favourite and will probably always be.

The first one I bought was Orchid, around the time it came out...

i don't actually know! bad memory. i heard the drapery falls on a cd and then got into all the other stuff. i got all the albums around the same time

Originally posted by KielbasaSausage
apostle: did ya see dio on his recent tour?

Yes I actually just saw him Friday night! Great show as usual from the evil elf. He played for about two hours and I enjoyed the setlist, but in my opinion Dio has so many great songs there are always songs he doesn't play that I wish he had! I have to say I would have preferred he didn't have any opening bands since his set could have been longer(and I am not a fan of either of the bands he had opening which were Hammerfall and Kings X) but either way it was still a fantastic show. The setlist(in no particular order)

Killing The Dragon
Rock & Roll
Push(Not one of my faves off the new album, I would have rather had him play All The Fools Sailed Away which is a classic that he left out of the set)
Stand Up And Shout
Holy Diver
Don't Talk To Strangers
Egypt(The Chains Are On)
The Last In Line
Rainbow In The Dark
Lord Of The Last Day
Fever Dreams
Heaven And Hell
The Mob Rules
The Man On The Silver Mountain
Long Live Rock And Roll
We Rock

All in all a great fucking show from one of my favorite vocalists of all time!