Your First Time...

Tabletwister

O.la K.ala
Oct 8, 2003
Shipwrecked...
There's a first time for everything in our lives...
This thread is about the first time we've listened to an Orphaned Land song and made them so much beloved and worthy to our ears.

My first time was when a friend of mine publishing the "War Monger 'zine" here in Greece send me a tape on '93 including "The beloveds cry" demo version and told me "This is what we'll looking for, at last the new metal age begins..."

By listening to it i was so sure that he was right but there was a lot more in his words, or much more words must being said, or can't be said to express the feeling of OL music.

Then of course i bought the "Sahara" album, a sure success to the Severine's and Philippe's "Holy Records". A clever move for their record company cause everyone who would sign up OL would had the pleasure of success!!!

Thank you "Savva" wherever you are brother and thank you brotherly OL souls for all the great past and future memories!!! You make memories become the musical station of our life train...

the title of this thread is decieving....
heh
Not to long ago, one Karen advised the members of the Nevermore board to listen to Orphaned Land, so i checked them out... I heard mabool, and i was in love with the music as soon as i heard the opening notes of the birth of three....

I First Listened " Orphaned Land " In 1997.
I Was ' Nt Till Then A Metal Fan...
Chrestfallen Had Introduced Me Some Metal Bands Including " Orphaned Land ". When I Listened To Them I Was Charmed By The Vocals And Their Music.
Since Then I Am An Orphaned Fan... :)

Hehe, I'm almost a virgin here. I first heard about the band like a month ago. I heard Birth Of The Three on a Finnish radio program and immediately liked it. Next thing I know, I was talking with a friend about Orphaned Land and the next day (actually it was Mabool's official release date) he had downloaded Mabool as MP3 files. Well then, I listened to them for the passed weeks ... until I decided to order the real thing. Got the original today. :) Haven't really heard the older albums, except a few odd songs here and there, and those acoustic live versions on the bonus disc. Splendid stuff anyway.

Wolftribe said:
the title of this thread is decieving....
heh
Not to long ago, one Karen advised the members of the Nevermore board to listen to Orphaned Land, so i checked them out... I heard mabool, and i was in love with the music as soon as i heard the opening notes of the birth of three....

"one Karen" hehehe
Maxswel- you rule :D

Greetings to all!
I first listened to the song "Find Yourself, Discover God" 2 years ago or so, and I was shocked to have found the music of my dreams...

Hej, my first timer was back in 1994 just after the release of Sahara. I was searching through the new cd's in my favorite cd store. The beautiful cover of the temple and sign of Orphaned Land caught my attention, not knowing what it was i listened to it in the cd store (as i mostly do before i buy...) And i was flabbergasted..... This was so beautiful that i had to buy it. Amazing, i studied on thsi music solely for my final exams in high school. damn that was long ago!

Then after that i was looking for new material of OL and just when i was about to go and buy the new Anathema "Eternity" (in my eyes a masterpiece) there it lied.... The orphaned Land! El Norra Alila, so i skipped Anathema and bought OL instead!

And luckily now with Mabool i was so fortunate to get the promo before anyone else could have listened to it, and interviewed the band. AWESOME!!

Thank you Orpaned Land,

O and when will the european tour start??? Stockholm please!!!!!

my first orphaned land tape i had it from my friend livin in the north colonies of israel and am greatfull for himm ...it was in 1996 i think :loco: ...

ALL I KONOW THAT I LISTEN TO ORPANED SINC 1997
I LOVE WORDS MUSIC & ALL THINGS IN THIS BAND

THE bELOVED'S CRAY ONY OF THE GREAT SONG FOR BAND

SO THAT'S @LL AND MABOLL WILL BE GREAT

† ASH †
:headbang:

orphaned land is kinda new to me.i had a tough year and i didn't have much time to listen to new bands. the minutes this damn year was over i started downloading all kinds of music, to open up for new styles. the name Orphaned Land was somehow stuck in my head, i searched for some songs to listen to. i heared some tunes from sahara and there it was - something new and brilliant. it's like i could finally say - that's what i was waiting for. the amazing singing melodies, the oriental influences that reminds me of days long ago in my childhood, the feeling of belonging to something new.. it's just amazing.
and then i started seeking after information and found out that there's a new album soon - mabool.

well ya and y r u surprised .. i used to live in miami so i met them there ... and i had one in lebanon he had the il identity.. and he traveled to israel .he s in haifa i think now ..

Well, I think it was 2001. I was (and still consider myslef) a metalhead in the making, since I didn't hear a lot outside what is considered known in the metal circut. Anyway, I was talking to some metalheads in my class, and they told me something about a band that mixed with their metal some eastern influences, including a tarbuka. I thought the idea strange, to say the least, so he lent me their album Sahara, and at the time, thought it not bad. About a year later I saw my other friend had "The Beloveds Cry", so he lent me that. Now, that is really what I consider to be my first time, since I really loved it, and since then, consider myself a fan. :worship: