Your four favorite Opeth songs?

ryan1987online

Ignorant Foolishness
Dec 26, 2003
Plano, TX
yar! here's something I have been curious about getting a lot of opinions from. step right up and name your top four from the band named after a moon town with one less letter (or something like that)
anyway, here are mine, but this list is only as of now. it fluctuates as I get into a different song and as songs once loved become burned out:
1.) Moonlapse Vertigo
2.) By the Pain I See in Others
3.) When
4.) Windowpane

1) Still Day...
2) Serenity Painted Death
3) Patterns in the Ivy II
4) Moonlapse Vertigo tied with Godhead's Lament (Still Life is my favorite album)

1 - The Leper Affinity
2 - April Ethereal
3 - Dirge For November
4 - Godhead's Lament

....though im sure ill be wanting to change my picks within 20 mins...shit, i didn't put Wreath in!

Godhead's Lament
Moonlapse Vertigo
Windowpane
Dirge for November

wow, I'm seeing a lot of the same songs here, and the thread title WAS originally going to say "Your five favorite Opeth songs?" but I couldn't pick favorites easily enough, in fact, the first two on that list are the only genuine favorites....I have a hard time picking favorites. so I decided I'd subject only FOUR entries to all you unfortunate subjects.

Four isn't enough, but here goes:

Harvest
Hope Leaves
Dirge of November
To Bid You Farewell

I know they're all pretty much softer songs, but they stand out more for me. The Twilight is my Robe comes in fifth. Safe to say I get the bigger kick out the jaw breakers; In the Mist She Was Standing is the only way to start the day.