your games

Ah.. Fallout 2 is one of the best games ever.. how could I forget? Baldur's Gate 2 is great too.

I heard Fallout 3 is about to come out soon.

Well, i'm not at all into games anymore, but there was a time i enjoyed them.
I went Spectrum ZX -> Amstrad -> pc.
I remember enjoying Barbarian on Amstrad, and then on pc: Bubble Bobble, Simcity(?), Monkey Island, Indiana Jones (adventure), Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat and above all: Golden Axe.

I'd like to ask another question: how many games have you ever fully completed? By that I mean finishing it on the hardest difficulty level, finding all the secrets, unlocking all the cheats, doing it with all characters, getting a perfect every round, or whatever other criteria apply for a certain game.

Actually I concider all games finished when you see the end credits.
All the people doing the 100% crap for GTAs for example are insane and should be shot
on sight. Freaks.

As for the answer, wouldn't have a clue. These days I don't even bother with finishing
games that much, as they tend to add some artificial hardness to the last opponents
and levels in most games.

Like Far Cry, frigging excellent game, but of course they had to bring some crappy ass
monsters into it and I lost interest, is this all they can come up with as difficulty
increase these days? Not to even mention that the mutation plot has been used WAY
too much in FPS'. Now, compare this game to Operation Flashpoint, which is heaven
for me, even tho I still haven't finished it, totally different level of difficulty, but no
monsters to be seen.

I agree i only played FarCry up until the mutants begun. And on top of all the reasons you mention i have another one: crap AI. Sure they are tough but the damn soldiers came looking, fleshed you out with big weapons, etc. It was really fun because you couldnt just do the rambo thing and walk out to them on open field, you had to outsmart them rather than outfight them all.

Its a shame really.

How many games I've fully completed? None at all, if I ask Rusty. There are a few where I've completed all missions/mainquests on normal difficulty, but that's enough for me. And how do you fully complete the Civilization games? Is it enough to have the highest score after year 2010/2050, or must I play a huge map on the highest difficulty level and then conquer the entire world?

Salamurhaaja said:
I would venture a guess at The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Yeessss....my precious. My only...

:D

CoT said:
How many games I've fully completed? None at all, if I ask Rusty. There are a few where I've completed all missions/mainquests on normal difficulty, but that's enough for me. And how do you fully complete the Civilization games? Is it enough to have the highest score after year 2010/2050, or must I play a huge map on the highest difficulty level and then conquer the entire world?
...with each nation, yes. ;) That is if the nation you are makes a difference. It seemed to on Civ, but I never had the booklet so I wasn't sure whether it really did or I was just imagining it. :p But yeah okay, I suppose some games are impossible to "complete" in the way I mentioned.

I was just wondering how many people get so addicted to a certain game that they feel compelled to do everything, and how often it happens. It doesn't happen often with me, certainly. I've completed Street Fighter II on the SNES with all characters on the highest difficulty level, but I had to continue thousands of times on each. Now it's been so long since I've played that I'd probably struggle with Ryu on a normal difficulty level. I've finished all 96 (I think) levels on Super Mario World (SNES), but I'm not sure if that's fully completed since one of my brothers told me there was a hidden 97th level and I never knew whether to believe him or not. I once had a go at winning all races in all championships with all characters on Super Mario Kart, but I don't remember achieving it so I suppose I never did.

For the N64 I completed Goldeneye all on the hardest difficulty and unlocked all the cheats, which was a good feeling. :p And for Perfect Dark I've unlocked all cheats and completed everything except the final bonus level on the highest difficulty. I must get back to trying that. I've also done all the challenges on single-player too, if I remember correctly - not knowing anyone else who's really good at it makes it hard to do them on 2, 3, and 4-player. I completed Mission: Impossible too, but there's not so much to it. And as I mentioned earlier in the thread, MRC. :rolleyes: What an utter waste of £40.

That's all there is. I don't feel the need to do all the quests in Morrowind, or find all the secrets in the Zelda games I've got, or anything else really, those games above were the only ones that took me.

Aye, make it Baldur's Gate (I and abit of II, will ever love it) for me, plus I walk through Fallout 2 once in a while, however my most favourite game of that time from Black Isle was Planescape:Torment, the best game ever grown on Infinity engine, not a hack-and-slash like Icewind Dale, atmospheric and ROLE-PLAYING.

Most recent: Knights of the Old Republic, Half-Life 2 (THE BEST 3D-ACTION OF 2005!), Hirtman 2 (Contracts didn't impress that much), Myth (yep, the FIRST one), Aliens vs Predator 2 (the original 2nd only), Doom II, Duke Nukem 3D, UFO.

Age of Empires and Worms (for Pocket PC to play on the road - PRETTY IMPRESSIVE).

Some racing games like 2nd Underground but that's most for killing time than for mental pleasure (what games ever were for me =)