Your go to plugin!

Waves SSL Bus Comp
Waves Rcomp
Waves Q10
Freeverb 2
Nuendo Mod Delay
Sonic Timeworks Mastering Compressor

Question about the Waves SSL E-channel and the EQ guys... do you find them a little limiting when it comes to surgical EQ? I usually like my parametric to go above the 7k mark, and not necessarily be confined to a shelf beyond that. Aside from that, how do you feel the sound compares to other EQs? I don't really like the Waves Q series EQs for much boosting as you can start to hear that grain. The most transparent plug-in EQ I've ever heard would have to be the Massemberg one on TDM.

i really like the ssl, the best way ive come up with using it, is by using q10 or something for all your surgical cuts, and then use the ssl after it for your sweetening and boosting eq

even though the ssl e channel, if used on every channel, could create a huge amount of options for a mix, and would produce a great mix, i believe that its limitations keep you:

a. out of trouble
b. make you mix better because you dont try to fuck with every inch and corner of the track with a rediculous EQ
c. pull the mix together based on its "limited" options

i dunno, i just like it. its made me a better mixer.

even though the ssl e channel, if used on every channel, could create a huge amount of options for a mix, and would produce a great mix, i believe that its limitations keep you:

a. out of trouble
b. make you mix better because you dont try to fuck with every inch and corner of the track with a rediculous EQ
c. pull the mix together based on its "limited" options

i dunno, i just like it. its made me a better mixer.

agreed

Yeah, fair enough guys. I'm still in that box where I cut the living shit out of everything with a Q10... especially guitar tracks. I just love how downright precise you get with that shit... and it's what I've been using since I started. It's sort of hard to 'downgrade' if you know what I mean. Although I do agree it will probably make me mix better. One of the best mixes I've done so far was with the SSL EQ limiting my options.

I totally subsribe to what joeymusicguy said. I must had that I don't give a shit about the analog button. Just marketing imo.
I must had nyquist eq to my list. Great sounding free plugin with a great concept (equal power equing).
Grab it here:
http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/
And give a shot to Ambience while you're at it.

Ambience is great. Send the guy $20 while you're at it and get a version without the nag screen.

Ambience is may be the greatest free plugin out there. Very versatile and it has a really good sound if you fiddle with it.