Your Greatest Opeth Live Song...

I agree with ffanatic, the live performance of 'Godhead's Lament' is just outstanding and marvellous, definitely some kind of transcendental rapture...
Apart from that track, I love 'Demon of the Fall' of course ;-)
Cheers Opeth!

I've only seen them on the Damnation tour, and although seeing "To Bid You Farewell" was like a religious experience for me, there was something unexpectedly special about "Benighted" - seeing Mike play that reasonably complex guitar piece and sing it, both perfectly, live was mind-blowing. When the rest of the band came in was a remarkable moment, too.

HoserHellspawn said:
I've only seen them on the Damnation tour, and although seeing "To Bid You Farewell" was like a religious experience for me, there was something unexpectedly special about "Benighted" - seeing Mike play that reasonably complex guitar piece and sing it, both perfectly, live was mind-blowing. When the rest of the band came in was a remarkable moment, too.

I missed that tour. I would've loved to see To Bid You Farewell live. Hopefully they'll do a soft tour again.

I don't recall seeing "To Bid You Farewell" live, but I know that I am always wanting to see it when they play.

"Demon Of The Fall" is one that you can usually rely on to make a welcome appearance, but I think the highlight last time would have to have been one of the debut performances from Deliverance...

uheueh genizah i don't like very much godhead's lament but here ,at turkey it was definetly amazing,great...
but you remember demon of the fall is better than godhead's lament...
last track at turkey :)

On the 2001- tour, Mikael couldn't sing at the Hamburg- gig so they had various guest- vocalists. Jonas from Katatonia did "Credence" and this song became even more beautiful!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not beautiful when Mikael sings it but I just loved the way Jonas sang it! Eventhough I heard it only once in my life, Jonas voice is still in my mind when I listen to this song from CD. I wish I had a bootleg from that show but even without it this moment is unforgettable...
Apart from that, my favourite Opeth- live- songs are "Advent" and "Forest Of October". And many others...

Hoser - I agree! Benighted live is (was) incredible.. though I would kill to see Moonlapse Vertigo live (being the first decent quality live Opeth I'd heard - from Metalfest 2000)..

Hoser, "Moonlapse Vertigo" was the first ever live song from Opeth for me, and to this day (seen them several times already) remains my all time favourite Opeth's live song. And that was the only time i saw it performed live. Sure, there are other great live songs, some may even be better (especially "The Leper Affinity" and "Deliverance" with its mesmerising ending). But that first evening with Opeth, and that first opener... Unsurpassed.