Your last album purchase/trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought:

Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Visceral Bleeding - Remnants Of Deprivation

At this moment i am listening to the Arcturus album.
It sure still sound Arcturus, they have an original and unique style as we all know.
The sound is more fatter and twisted now i think, but still the same style as "La Masquerade...". Sounds really good so far.

Visceral Bleeding is a new swedish death metal band which plays their death metal in the US vein.
Brutal and fast that is. Very good!

Death - Live in LA
Vivaldi - Best of Vivaldi
Bach - Best of Bach
Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
Dream Theater - Change of Seasons
Testament - First Strike Still Deadly

Iron Fucking Maiden- Rock in Rio (or whatever it's called)

My god, this is a fucking awesome cd!!! I'm in love with Maiden all over again. I liked Blaze, but now I'M SO GLAD BRUCE IS BACK!!!!!!!!

Shape of Despair- Angels of distress

Pretty good doom, this is. Sounded mildly boring in the shop, but really glad I took the chance and bought it.

Oh, no question about that, but I did like Blaze- he just got given some shitty songs to sing, wasn't really his fault :D (And no, I'm not saying all the Blaze-era stuff was bad, I think the X-Factor is one of their best).
Blaze's rendition of "The evil that men do" that was on one of their singles was superior to any version that I've heard Bruce do live.

Yeah I remember there were another bunch of songs with blaze that never were officially released ... got them on mp3 by napster some 2 years ago ...
I liked them ... and part of X-Factor ... reminded me on 70s hardrock :D

as for the CD purchase:
This week got Blind Guardians A night at the Opera (like some others here haha) and ... well ... its not NIME which kicked ass!! whoa, one of my favs :) but its ok but i´ll need time to check it out

Last week Jag Panzer - Thane to the throne ... GREAT! I ever liked the Macbeth theme ... the 3 whiches an´their hurley burleys hahaha ... however: great CD

The new Beseech - Souls Highway - should arrive today!!! yeah!

thats it and have a nice weekedn

i just got back from HMV with. . .

Dead Can Dance (1981-1998) box set

Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin

Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Slow Riot For Zero Kanada EP

i'm sooooooo happy. i'm soooo broke. i have a final exam tomorrow. now i can study to DCD for the rest of the day. wages of sin kicks ass, and so does the bonus disc. the GYBE! EP is 28 minutes of pure bliss. yayayay!!!

I paid $97 Canadian for the DCD box set. for nearly four hours of music and DVD that has a full concert + five music videos, i think it was worth the price. the girl at the store told me about a film called Baraka that is realized completely through DCD's music, kind of like Pink Floyd's The Wall (which is my favourite movie of all time btw.) The dvd has two videos from Baraka, but i haven't watched the dvd yet. i'll find time on thursday.

how is the disc of cover songs on Dark Genisis? I saw DG in HMV about a month ago and was thinking of buying it. but i have to prioritze. i wish cd's weren't so ridiculously expensive. i think many artists deserve my money. unfortunately only a small portion of what i pay actually goes to them. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.