Your last album purchase/trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutalizer

Troll #2
May 25, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
slaypage.tripod.com
Please post the last album(s) you purchased and write shortly what you think about it/them!
This may give us others some hints/suggests for our next shopping round! ;)

My last trade was CONTROL DENIED - "The Fragile Art Of Existence".
I had it on promo before. And as most of you know, this is a killer cd!
Great musicians!

My last purchase was BLIND GUARDIAN - "A Night At The Opera".
I was positively surprised. I didn't expect it to be this good.
It's Blind Guardian:ish all the way, so BG fans should not worry and the newcomers to this band will like this too. ;)

I traded three albums last week. I got:

Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black
Bruce Springsteen - Live 1975-85

All of them were simply amazing. The last album I bought was Abigail 2. It was okay, but I was a bit disappointed.

Tomahawk- S/T this is Mike Patten metal at it's best

Anyone- S/T the singing reminds me of Janes Addiction somewhat new metal meets progressive metal

Moonlight- Yaishi If your a fan of the Gathering's more agressive stuff you'll love this

Uncle Moe's Space Ranch- S/T this is over the top fusion with no singing

Prototype- Trinity this is real nice progressive metal with some technical moments

Borknager- Empiricism With the addition of Vintersorg on vocals is the only reason I checked this out. I don't have any of the other stuff by them so I don't know how it differs

Elegeion- Through the Eyes of Regret This reminds me os Virgin Black in it's atmosphere. This has both female and male vocals.

Refused- The Shape of Punk to Come This disc varies quite a bit much like Maudlin of the Well but not to the extramea that MotW does.

This was an exellent week of purchasing for me!

I bought Nihility with Decapitated yesterday!!

Very overrated album I most say. Cant believe it got 10/10 and so on at so many places! Sure its good, but NOT that good!
Their debut album walks all over it more or less....Ugh!

Bought new-
Arch Enemy-Black Earth-The new reeissue remastered w/bonus tracks. An absolute masterpiece!!

Symphony X-Live on the Edge of Forever-Dissapointing, I like SymphX, but the sound is not that great.

Bought used-
Carcass-Tools of the Trade-good, i have to listen to it more

In Flames-Colony-outstanding of course, you can't go wrong with In Flames

Graham Parker-2 disc retrospective best of-Great stuff!

I traded some shit for Carcass: Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious (what a STUPID name for an album!). I'm rather satisfied with it.

A week or two ago I got the promo of Oxiplegatz: Sidereal Journey. Strange stuff! o_O

-Villain

Testament-Demonic(had to buy a new copy since my old one was all scratched up) which is obviously a great album. Also got a Death bootleg from the Human tour.Sound is ok but hey it's a Death show on tour for my personal favorite album of thiers!

Nine Inch Nails : And all that could have been

Very good work but commercial and simplistic in places.

It has some brilliant songs like Terrible Lie, Head Like A Hole, Sin, Starfuckers Inc. and Hurt.

But sometimes its a bit too transparent and the lyrics leave a lot to be desired in places. But an excellent album.

Katatonia - Discouraged Ones
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Porcupine Tree - Recordings
Lacuna Coil - Unleashed Memories

Vinnie Moore- Defying Gravity- meoclassical, progressive fusion guitar with some psanish elements.

Darkthrone- Plaguewielder-you know'em you love'em

Sinister- Creative Killings-after the phenomenal Aggressive Measures I was not expecting this heaping load of crap. The worst vocalist in DM (well, this side of Mortician, at least).

Hypocrisy- Into the Abyss-I heard their new one is shit. This still rules.

In fact it was four albums I got this week.

Pain of salvation - Remedy lane
Seems to be as good as I thought it was going to be. Progressive albums tend to take a while to get.

Blind Guardian - Night at the opera
More progressive then the other albums and that they take as step away from the exploited powermetal scene is ok with me. Nice album as well.

Dire Straits - Brothers in arms
Old classic, many great songs. If you like great guitarplayers, get it.

Simon and Art Garfunkle - Best of
Can't be anything but good.

Finally I'd like some help, how do I make my own avatar? I bet you heard this too many times already...

Green Carnation - Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness
One song, 60 minutes, fucking magnificent!!!!!
It's a travel through the mind! >:eek:)

Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness
Grim :eek:) Me likes. I'd like more melodic stuff in this
music, but I guess it just isn't Immortal? >:eek:P
I still like this album though, but it needed quite
a few spins in my discman before I got used to it.

Enslaved - Monumension
Brilliant music, I just haven't listened to it enough
yet to have fallen in love with it...

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Well, need I say anything? Decided to finally buy
this thing....

Live - Throwing Copper
A GREAT album by a great band! :eek:) I like Live :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.