Your nicks...

Well, since this thread is back, I'm gonna tell you about mine:
HERE - press Lordenlil at the site

I've used my nick for a very long time now, and since Enlil wasn't
available at hotmail I had to do something.

I use Nightspirit on Icq, though (Yes, inspired by the Emperor song..)
It was just a sudden decision as I was in a BIG Emperor-loving period..

Mine is from Virgin Steele album called "Invictus" ... it's an Epic and Romantic history about Love, Life, Death, Light, Power, Human and Gods et cetera.
It's a call to the Power of the Human Spirit.

NP: Nevermore - The Learning

My nick means something like swindler/crook or something similar.
I'd like to stress that this has nothing to do with my character or so :D

It is a result of spell-checking (presented by microsoft ;) )
A friend used to call me a certain way and once she checked the spelling of an email she wanted to send to me. As the silly programme didn't know the name it gave her suggestions what word it could be and one of them was "Gaunerin" which we thought was rather funny. She actually calls me Gaunerin since then in real life as well :D

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~
Not again, I've explained my nick for 10 times already! :p I shall leave it as a secret :rolleyes: Unless Salamurhaaja would like to explain it..

She is a nymph, if I recall correctly :p

Everyone who know a tad about norse mythology should know where my nick comes from.
And for those who doesen't... I'll explain. I know I'm propably not going _100%_ by the books on my explanation, but that's 'cause my religion has a different view on some things.

The Vanir is an anicent people who moved to the north at some point, ages ago, when only the Samir lived here. The Vanir lived in peaceful coexistense with the Samir. Well, kinda. The two people lived separately, but didn't wage wars, instead they exchanged knowledges of hunting, fishing and agriculture.
Then, the Æsir moved to the north. A bloody battle was waged between the Æsir and the Vanir, leaving the Vanir almost destroyed, and the Æsir victorious. They then escalated to Asgard, and became Gods. The Vanir remained in Midgard, where they still live today, waiting for the day when they will again war with the Æsir, this time not as enemies, but as brothers in arms. They will at Ragnarok fight the hordes of Niflheim, destroy Hel and Loke's legions, slay the Fenris, and, uh, then I don't really know what's going to happen. But I'm sure it'll be something utterly cool.

Originally posted by Vanir
The Vanir remained in Midgard, where they still live today, waiting for the day when they will again war with the Æsir, this time not as enemies, but as brothers in arms. They will at Ragnarok fight the hordes of Niflheim, destroy Hel and Loke's legions, slay the Fenris, and, uh, then I don't really know what's going to happen. But I'm sure it'll be something utterly cool.

Not quite sure about that utterly cool thing. Tor will fight
Midgardsormen and he will eat Tor, and Midgardsormen will die not long after that.
Tyr will fight Fenris and they will kill each other.
The turisaz will march to war and there is a huge battle on Vigrid.
Naglfar (a ship made of dead men's nails) will will tear loose from
its mooring in Hel and spread terror and destruction as it drifts
across the world seas etc, etc. Everyone dies. :)

Thor slays the Misgardserpent and dies from its venom afterwards, Vidar kills the Fenriswolf by tearing apart its jaws.
And Loki will be slain by Heimdall. Fenris however has a nice last supper in the shape of Odin :D Effect: Everyone dies, the NIne worlds are consumed by Surtur's fire and a man and a woman survive, plus some of the dead gods return, those who were sent to Hel (Balder and Hödur)...

The Völuspa makes an interesting read... altho at first it's somehow hard to get used to the use of language :eek:

Vanir: What do like about the Vanirs? The ones who survived the struggle with the Aesirs are pretty cool, I must say... Freyja, Freyr... (are you Freyr, then? ;) )

As said, my religion has a twisted view on those things. I rather believe we'll eventually destroy the great evil hordes. I guess.
See, some things may be prophecied, but you never know if it's been interpreted the right way.
Myself, I look to Freyr, and worship him. He is my "personal" deity. Just like I have chosen Uruz, Ansuz, Kenaz and Gebot as the runes I consider "mine".

Originally posted by Thanatos
She is a nymph, if I recall correctly :p
Was....few years ago...in a LARP....my name was Zean...Afterwards I needed a nickname, remembered the name Zean, thought it was too short...then I came up with Zeanra and have been using it since that..

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~
Not again, I've explained my nick for 10 times already! :p I shall leave it as a secret :rolleyes: Unless Salamurhaaja would like to explain it..

:p
It comes from the fact that she is a sexy nymph :D

I don't feel like explaining mine again either, just look at the 'handles' thread on this board.

Umm.... But Hel isn't evil, nor is Loke. Loke is just like the Æsir, and like the Vanir are as well, partly.... He himself comes from a matriachical people, but choose to follow the ways of the patriarchical peoples. The war. But he cannot leave his own ppl and his own ways completely, so he goes back and forth. For the partiarchical ppl, that is to say that he goes back and forth between cowardism and courage. So he is difficult to trust; they don't know where they have him, so to speak. He becomes an enemy, and thus evil. Just like the matriachical ppl are an enemy, and thus evil, because they are difficult to understand for a warrior ppl. A threat to their ways. A threat because they refuse to play along.

So as I see it, when Volva sais that the Gods will go down, she means the Æsir and the Vanir (the first being a ppl of pure forfathers' cult, what with only male gods [the gods are the leaders of the ppl], and the second half that and half nature religion, what with goddesses as well), and not the entire world. It will be the fall of patriachism. Another thing to support this, is that she also sais that she will be/has been sleeping for a long time, but after Ragnarok, she (and her sister) will awake. She is a person from the matriarchical ppl.

But I guess this would fit more in the religion thread..... Just thought of it reading the posts here.....