YOUR personal Big 4 metal line-up

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
If you could choose 4 metal bands to see in a "Big 4" type situation, who would they be?
For obvious reasons you can't pick Metallica AND Maiden - they're both huge, neither would agree to being anything other than headliner (and no rotating headliners right?! :D )

You should, ideally, in the spirit of it, pick bands based on their success, sales wise or whatever (not critical acclaim FFS) in the past few years (or at their peak if they've folded for some reason). It's not just "list your four favourite bands", cos they'd have to fit on the same bill so not much point having Gorgoroth, Nile, Def Leppard and AC/DC (although that would be pretty sweet).

Mine:

Opener - Annihilator
Second - Anthrax
Third - Pantera
Headliner - Maiden

I don't know who Valient Thorr are, but I dig the other ones, I was thinking of Motorhead myself. However, I don't think Motorhead are big enough to fill that number 2 slot, as ridiculous as that is.

I don't know who Valient Thorr are, but I dig the other ones, I was thinking of Motorhead myself. However, I don't think Motorhead are big enough to fill that number 2 slot, as ridiculous as that is.

I saw VT open for Motorhead and they were BRILLIANT!!! Albums are good, but their live show is one of the best I have ever seen. No one knew who they were when we saw them, but all agreed they were the best of the night. Check 'em out on Youtube:

and

Last edited by a moderator:
Pantera (and not in some lame situation with someone replacing Dimebag - it'd be in a world where he was still alive)
Anthrax (with Bush)
Corrosion Of Conformity (with Pepper Keenan - not the 3 piece without him).
Sevendust (yeah drastically different than the other bands but they are great live)

Not sure if everyone here hates on Machinehead but they're one of my all-time favs, just heard their new song and it is epic, shaping up to be their 3rd straight home run record. Then Anthrax, never been disappointed by a Testament record so them, and...mmm...SOD!:D

Not sure if everyone here hates on Machinehead but they're one of my all-time favs, just heard their new song and it is epic, shaping up to be their 3rd straight home run record. Then Anthrax, never been disappointed by a Testament record so them, and...mmm...SOD!:D

MH are one of my top 5 or 6 metal bands. I've seen them a bunch of times though and my top 4 has a couple of bands ei Exodus and Testament that I've never had a chance to see live (and probably never will) - hence they made my 4 ahead of MH.

Plus - on a side note.... MH are playing the Soundwave Revolution festival here in October on the back of their new record!!! :kickass:

MH are one of my top 5 or 6 metal bands. I've seen them a bunch of times though and my top 4 has a couple of bands ei Exodus and Testament that I've never had a chance to see live (and probably never will) - hence they made my 4 ahead of MH.

Plus - on a side note.... MH are playing the Soundwave Revolution festival here in October on the back of their new record!!! :kickass:

Machine Head had the most intense circle pit I've ever seen back in 2005!

Annihilator
Death Angel
Lamb of God
Machine Head

It's not a realistic Big 4 line up I know, but I've tried to go for two old skool bands and two newer ones. And as much as Machine Head went down hill badly for a while, they've really ripped it up since the Blackening (and their pits are fucking awesome!!!)

bringing it 1985 style:

Crumsuckers
Prong
Hades
Nuclear Assault
S.O.D.
Overkill
Anthrax (w. Bush)

more broadly:
Testament
Ghost
Motorhead