YOUR thoughts on Mercy Falls - THE MUSIC

I started with WITW's. The vocals instantly hooked me: they are so beautiful and catchy! I love the harmonies! The first three tracks are among my all-time favorite songs with WITW's being my most favoritest song :D I love extended instrumental sections, and that song has a wonderful instrumental break!

Mercy Falls solidified SW as one of my all-time favorite bands. An amazing triumph in musicianship, composition, and story-line. Destiny Calls has one of the finest instrumental intros IMO. On first listen, I had to start the song over to listen to it again! I love A New Beginning, The Overture, and Welcome to Mercy Falls. An awesome three tracks to start the album.

Tears For a Father hit me very emotionally! Break The Silence is one of my favorites, partially due to its extended instrumental break. Very nice section.

Those are just highlights for me, because I can start this CD and let it play all the way through. There isn't one track I want to skip, which is very rare!

I love all the songs: i can't start listening the album knowing that i have to stop before the end! The cd is like a wave, calm songs pleasant to listen alternating with rocking songs that make me headbang...i think that is well balanced!
A personal think: i played bass guitar in a band for 1 year, writing myself for the first time my riffs...and, damn, how much of yourself goes into the music! I appreciate the SW's work behind all tracks, and i knew that this work was huge in the exact moment i saw how they enjoy playing their music.

The music is alright, I think the concept of the album is well managed and it's not very extensive (although it gave me a sweat to recorded on tape). My favorite song is 'Welcome To Mercy Falls' , but ' Unbreakable' and 'The Black Parade' are also above the rest.

Just heard about Seventh Wonder yesterday, listened to a couple of songs on myspace and ordered mercy falls straight away, and i gotta say after reading some of these posts i cant wait to hear it!

I can't say enough about Mercy Falls -- music and story.

I've raved about this album ever since it came out.

In fact, Mercy Falls is tied for my #1 album of 2008. And I buy hundreds of CDs every year. (My other favorite of 2008 is Six Minute Century's Time Capsules, an incredible album.)

Mercy Falls is one of those albums that I'll treasure for years to come. The vocals are fantastic. The guitar playing is inspired.

I really hope Seventh Wonder can tour the States in 2009. Or, at the very least, make an appearance at ProgPower USA.

Bill

Really good guys! One of typ 10 albums for me this year in my opinion =).
Hope you come near Eskilstuna soon! Cya!

Ha det bra =)

I´m just listening MF again after a little pause (a couple of weeks) and it STILL gets me goosebumps! This is one god damn amazing album... I´m soo excited to see/hear some of those great songs live soon. 10/10 (Still after all these months... :D)

Eh, I'm with Wyvern, and sadly it's hard to even mention not liking SW without getting heavily frowned upon by everyone.

When I first gave Mercy Falls a spin, I found the intro and the instrumental "There and Back" to be amazing. Then "Welcome to Mercy Falls" started up and I was blown away and highly excited for about 45 seconds, then the sound started to get muddled... and that's prettymuch how I feel the rest of the CD is. The vocals are so clear and so emotive, but I feel no emotional connection when I hear them. The guitar is also kind of drowned out in the background, and I don't like that, especially on a progressive metal album, where I'd like for the guitar to be doing inventive things in the forefront.

It's kind of like Lemur Voice, if anyone's heard of them -- they have some pretty cool stuff, but the guitar is boring during a majority of the songs, and is too far in the background to hear everything it does anyway.

Sorry but... no sensation. I really wanted to like SW, trust me. I left Waiting in the Wings and Welcome to Mercy Falls playing for several weeks, but it never sunk in.