Your top five vocals...

Nice to see Matt Barlow mentioned :D
no particular order:

Vinnie Cavanagh
Jonas Renkse
Matt Barlow
The guy from The Wounded ( forgot his name)
JACK BLACK YAY

Cerulean said:
And for the record... it's RENKSE
Yeah, everyone who still writes Renske should be fucking banned from this forum.
The Foreverlorn said:
how could I forget one of the best Death Metal shouters?!!? great choice!
Haha, I was listening to some Pestilence the other day and then played some Asphyx ("The Rack"), damn, that guy is really unmatched when it comes to sickness and insanity captured in a voice (well, "voice"..?)!

Tone-Deaf said:
I also agree with the mourner13 about Blindside's vocals.
I think most wouldn't appreciate neither the band nor the vocals , but I love the vocals: loud, aggresive but still clean enough to understand the lyrics.
Hell yeah man...The vocals of Blindside are just great...

Fernando Ribeiro (Moonspell)
Jonas Renkse (katatonia)
Bjorn "Speed" (Soilwork)
Ville Laihiala(Sentenced)
Robert Smith (The Cure)

sorry but, basically everybody on this thread has Renkse well written exept for one guy....lol

Aaron Stainthorpe (My Dying Bride)
Jonas Renske
King Diamond
Steve Wilson (porcupine tree)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)

EDIT: How could I forget Jeff :worship:[/QUOTE]

If you mean Jeff Buckley, then damn I forgot him too! Listening to The Sky Is A Landfill as we speak. Damn he was a great musician.

Varg Vikernes (Burzum) - noone has done black metal screams quite like him
Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering) - best female vocals in a metal-related band, especially on Sleepy Buildings and Souvenirs
Jonas Renkse - especially since LFDGD
Thom Yorke (Radiohead) - nowadays it's heavily produced, but it's still great
Beth Gibbons (Portishead and solo) - she adds another dimension to the superb music of portishead

Discouraged+One said:
sorry but, basically everybody on this thread has Renkse well written exept for one guy....lol
Jonas Renske
Keltoi said:
Jonas Renske
affinityband said:
Jonas renske...
*sigh* (the last 2 were after you posted that, admittedly)
the mourner13 said:
At least they mentioned him and you didin't in a whole 16 vocals list;)
At least I'm honest and I'm not mentioning him out of obligation ;).

MadTinus said:
Haha, I was listening to some Pestilence the other day and then played some Asphyx ("The Rack"), damn, that guy is really unmatched when it comes to sickness and insanity captured in a voice (well, "voice"..?)!
Yeah, he really sounds/sounded (is he musically still active?) sick... The only two singers that achieved such a "sickness niveau" IMO are Chris Reifert and Tompa Lindberg...
Btw. Asphyx' "The rack" and Pestilence's "Consuming impulse" are two of the most underrated Death Metal releases...

Aaron Stainthorpe MDB
Matt Barlow Iced Earth
Warrel Dane Nevermore
Russel Allen Symphony X
Mikael Akerfeldt for his shear diversity