Your top releases of 2010...so far

Just wanted to throw this topic out there. So far, what are your top albums of 2010?

So far, here are mine......

1) Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR

Far and away the best CD I have heard in 2010. It's been 6 years since the release of Mabool. If you haven't heard O.L., they are a treat. If you have heard them, and don't get it....let their cultural richness sink in, their music is quite complex. If you don't like them, I just don't get it/you. :lol:
This band is fascinating to me.

2) Accept - Blood Of The Nations

Holy crap, what a release! This is easily the comback band of the year. Wolf Hoffman is just a monster riff writer. Mark Tornillo is the PERFECT fit for the band now. Udo who??

3) Flotsam And Jetsam - The Cold

This is their best since Drift. Erik AK is like a fine wine, the voice just gets better with age. Yeah, the lyrics aren't exactly Shakesperian, but the music is just monstrous. Flotz is back!

The rest of the pack includes Maiden, Heathen, Overkill, Exodus and Death Angel. and I haven't positioned them yet.

Still waiting to hear the new Forbidden, Volbeat, Helloween, and Motorhead of course. :D

Cool, good to know. :cool:

I had Accept and MDB ordered up, but canceled when Evinta postponed until 2011. I'll have to fill up that Accept order again.

Overkill - Ironbound: Man, talk about an overlooked band. This is their best in decades and is my favorite next to Slayer's latest.

Witchery - Witchkrieg: Funny thing about this band. Its members are all in other, better-known bands, and I don't like any of them. But I love Witchery. And this album kills.

Here's the albums from this year that I really love!

Forbidden - Omega Wave
Helloween - 7 Sinners
Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos
Overkill - Ironbound
Avantasia - The Wicked Symphony/Angel Of Babylon
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Freedom Call - Legend Of The Shadowking

Here's the albums from this year that I really love!

Forbidden - Omega Wave
Helloween - 7 Sinners
Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos
Overkill - Ironbound
Avantasia - The Wicked Symphony/Angel Of Babylon
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Freedom Call - Legend Of The Shadowking

I thought that wasn't released yet?? :err:

Um.... The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden

Not on anyone's list here? :err:

It kicks some serious ass. :D

I would feel like I was just being a fan girl if I put that on my list. I listened to it for a couple of weeks after it was realised, but I can't honestly say that I've listened to it again since then. Bar a couple of tracks here and there when they happen to pop up on random on my ipod.

I would feel like I was just being a fan girl if I put that on my list. I listened to it for a couple of weeks after it was realised, but I can't honestly say that I've listened to it again since then. Bar a couple of tracks here and there when they happen to pop up on random on my ipod.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!! Stone the heretic!

:D

Oh well. I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion. However insane it may be ;) :lol:

Has anyone checked out the new Firewind album, "Days of Defiance?" Good stuff. Hasn't quite grabbed me the way "Ironbound" did from the get go but I will give it another chance.