YT: Kemper Profiling Amp - Rectifier

héhé

(for those who didn't click the link : it looks like Jason Suecof is currently using the Kemper for tracking/monitoring during the new The Contortionist' album sessions)

And that's anotehr great idea of use for the KPA: you hire an expensive studio one or two days to set a great guitar sound and start recording. when the time's up, profile the rig and continue to record at home. Send files to producer for mix. Tadaa! $/€/£ saved!

I wonder if people will start charging for profiles in the future.. hopefully not, but since these are not just presets we are talking about, but a snapshot of people's actual (most of the time) expensive gear, i can see it happen. :/

If the profiles do end up being useful in finished professional productions, I don't see why not. They would be about as useful as actual reamping is now... even more so, because they can be recalled indefinitely.

Truthfully I'd see nothing wrong with charging for high quality profiles.

omg OCCUPY!

It would be no suprise, i agree.. just afraid that shit profiles will be charged for as well and we get a free market where there is no quality check.
Then again, you could upload clips beforehand.. but that would be recorded with other players, strings, picks and pickups, and guitars.. haha, i love how kemper got up with this idea and i have no idea where to place it yet.

I hope people DO start selling patches.

Free market is a quality check.

Buncha Ralph Naders.....:bah:

I honestly don't see a difference between selling drums samples and selling kemper profiles.

yeah, good point.

That being said, TAKE MY MONEES ALREADY LASSE, BRETT and the rest of you people with awesome amps! :D

btw, does the kemper do bass amp profiles as well for bass guitars?

just found this on the kemper forum:

Testament/Accept tracking info
Hi guys, I just thought I'd chime in here.

Testament wasn't done with the Kemper, we used a Fender 5150 with matching cab. All the guitars for this were tracked in August last year (in the UK). I did however know that I would be needing to reamp later in the year on certain sections as we ended up tracking in the US, so I left Eric's rig set up in the UK. Once I got the Kemper I profiled the sound and reamped the couple of sections with the Kemper. Sounds amazing, you cannot tell the difference.
This profile is available for huge sums of money, PM me and I will send you the bank transfer details.

It was actually Wolf from Accept that turned me onto the Kemper, I think he'd seen it at an amp show in Nashville or been told to check it out . We spent alot of time at his place in Nashville profiling rigs that he's used throughout his career, old modded marshalls, Wizard, Splawn, Fender etc and got some great results. The biggest advantage for me in the studio with this is how flexible it allows you to be. Want to track clean....click, redo the rhythm on bar 28 on song 5....click. Also just being creative with tones and layering, its at your finger tips rather than having to set it up every time. Its a lazy producers dream (that'll be me then!)

Again, the kemper was used in parts on the record as we were still in the thick of things when we got hold of it.

Have any of you guys dared use one live yet? I've had it freeze on me a couple of times which is fine in the studio but obviously not in a live situation.

All the best
Andy

i wonder if he's serious about the profile :D

here's the link: http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3798&pageNo=1

I think it's pretty interesting that Jason Suecof and Andy are both using the Kemper right now.

Also, when did Eyal Levi start working at Audio Hammer Studios? That's pretty awesome for him. Maybe that's why Emil Werstler is playing in Chimaira now. Eyal is giving up touring/recording to start producing?

Audio Hammer is only about 2 hours from me. I wonder if I could manage to contact Jason if he would allow me to visit for a day and sit in and watch The Contortionist tracking to check out the Kemper... Would be very cool to see/hear it in action and report back here...

Interesting read , the kpa will flourish in this environment . Any studio that gets multiple amps coming through the door I can imagine being quite excited .

hey, can anybody give me some information about the amps that come already profiled with the kemper? are there good tones available without having to profile rigs first?

found it, for anybody who might be interested in knowing:

KEMPER factory profiles are based on the following amplifiers:

65 Amps London
Ampeg Reverbrocket 2
Ampeg VT-40
BadCat Tone Cat
Bogner Ecstasy
Custom Audio Electronics OD-100
Diezel Einstein
Egnater Rebel 20
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb
Fender 65 Princeton
Fender Bassman 50
Fender Bassman Blackface
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Vibro Champ
Framus Cobra
Fuchs ODS 30
Gibson Goldtone
Groove Tubes Soul-o 75
Kitty Hawk Eagle Series 2002
Lee Jackson XLS-1000
Marshall JMP 1974
Marshall JCM 25/50
Marshall JCM 800
Marshall JCM 2000
Marshall JTM 45
Marshall Super Bass 100
Marshall TLS 60
Matchless Chieftain
Matchless HC-30
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Mesa Boogie Roadking
One Stone Ludwig
Orange Rockerverb 50
Reinhardt Mini-Me
Roland JC-120
Silvertone 1481
Silvertone Twin Twelve 1484
Soldano Hot Rod 50 Plus
Soldano SLO100
Steavens Poundcake
Tech21 Sansamp
Traynor Custom Valve 40
Tube Thomsen
Valve Train 416
Vox AC 30

KEMPER factory profiles are based on the following cabinets:

65 Amps London 2*12 w/ Alnico Blue
Avatar 2*12 w/ Celestion Alnico Blue
Avatar 2*12 w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Bogner 4*12
Fender 2*12
Fuchs 1*12 w/ Celestion Anniversary 65‘s
Fuchs 1*12 w/ Celestion G12-T
Generic 2*12 w/ Celestion G12-T 75s
Marshall 4*12 w/ Celestion Vintage 30s
Matchless 2*12 w/ Celestion G12-H 25s
Mesa Boogie 4*12 w/ Black Shadows
Orange PPC 412C 4*12 w/ Celestion Vintage 30s
Silvertone 2*12 w/Jensens
Steavens Poundcake 4*12
Valve Train 2*12 w/ Eminence Wizards

It looks like a 003 rack stuffed into a toaster.

Q: Loads of people complain about the AXE-FX being complicated to use, takes a long time to get a good sound, not good out of the box, how does this out of the box compare in terms of easy of use and sound? I've always had a beef with these reports on the AXE-FX out of the box, IMO if you pay that sort of money it should sound great straight away and only get better as you learn to tweak it. You shouldn't need to struggle to get there.

Oh and 19" please!