YT: Kemper Profiling Amp - Rectifier

Hmm, 'fraid I have to count myself among the guys who aren't digging that Hector profile. There's this bizarre metallic high-mid sound, like something is resonating over the top of the riffs. I was wondering, Ola, is there any chance to do some A/B of the amp with that one, or is it already gone?

Am I the only one who's hearing this digital Boss GT type of attack on these Kemper clips? I'm not being sarcastic guys. :D

Am I the only one who's hearing this digital Boss GT type of attack on these Kemper clips? I'm not being sarcastic guys. :D

this is one of the reasons i returned my kemper. the overall sound and EQ is matched VERY accurately, but the attack on all hi-gain profiles has a similar characteristic that also reminded me somehow of the old boss COSM modelling. it isn't really dramatic, but it's there. using a real tubescreamer (i used a OD808) in front of the kemper helps covering this. the built-in 'green screamer' model sucks.

My sound is obviously not for everyone. You're not the only thinking the same, I think the like vs. dislike ratio on this video has never been so bad... ouch

Well FWIW, your Hector ist currently my absolute favourite profile on my Kemper for downtuned/djenty stuff. Thanks for providing it!

Didn't like that last clip , but didn't mind the clips before so much . The weird hollow almost single coil effect can suit some riffing styles but that recto patch sounded too harsh and there seemed to be small issues with the delivery of gain with some of the single string and artificial harmonics . ( was prob a real recto and now I look a cun7 :D)

this is one of the reasons i returned my kemper. the overall sound and EQ is matched VERY accurately, but the attack on all hi-gain profiles has a similar characteristic that also reminded me somehow of the old boss COSM modelling. it isn't really dramatic, but it's there. using a real tubescreamer (i used a OD808) in front of the kemper helps covering this. the built-in 'green screamer' model sucks.

Green screamer, not good. Yeah, but as we all know, it's digital. Digital = can be updated (AxeFX 11.0? AxeFX2 5.07b?) so I'm sure that can be taken care of. ;)

Green screamer, not good. Yeah, but as we all know, it's digital. Digital = can be updated (AxeFX 11.0? AxeFX2 5.07b?) so I'm sure that can be taken care of. ;)

Is it the BBE Green Screamer? The BBE is amazing.. I use it on everything.. even clean sounds.. it just adds a nice articulation.

About Axe-Fx updates... I never heard a big difference in Axe-Fx firmware updates. NEVER!

Only owned the axe fx 2 and after firmware 5 I heard a real difference for the first time , I felt it was significantly obvious . I think the updates are more noticable on personal patches not presets , this seems to be the area people pick up on for obvious reasons . I guess KPA owners will give feedback on how the software updates affect them .

Is it the BBE Green Screamer? The BBE is amazing.. I use it on everything.. even clean sounds.. it just adds a nice articulation.

About Axe-Fx updates... I never heard a big difference in Axe-Fx firmware updates. NEVER!

Nah, it's the Kemper ts9 (I think).

Had the standard/ultra from FW 4.00 and some updates have been really significant, like the introduction of the passive tone stack. ;)