YT: Savage and LTD christmas special extravaganza!

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
...or something like that.

Just uploaded a video that I recorded this weekend and past week. Some of you might have heard about it in another thread. Nothing special here, just the ENGL Savage with SM57 on a Harley Benton 2x12. I usually record everything with active pickups on rhythm but did it with passive Ibanez stock pickups for a change. Turned out pretty djenty!

I finally got home my LTD guitars that I ordered last week and I haven't had a chance to play the EC401 to much but the FX401 is frickin awesome! It has a really nice sustain to it. Tracked the solo for the song with it yesterday.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
This song is sooo awesome :worship: I like the tone as well, the palm mutes are really tight :headbang:

Oh and the LTD looks really cool.

Awesome playing, man. I like the riffs a lot.

Do you use a tubescreamer to boost or just straight in to the savage? what about noise gate?

just curious

Is the FX neck heavy? :)

Dunno should it be? :cry:

Awesome playing, man. I like the riffs a lot.

Do you use a tubescreamer to boost or just straight in to the savage? what about noise gate?

just curious

No the savage has two gain stages already so you wont be needing a tubescreamer. Unless you really want that tubescreamer sound that is.

Great riffs, tone, and playing dude! Can you give us info on the track itself what interface it was recorded with/equipment?
What drum program used if any, guitar chain and is it quad tracked, and what you used for bass? Thanks :OMG::headbang:

Is there a MP3 version? I couldn´t find the thread where you posted it. You should make a 5 song EP or something with your instrumental tracks like that basstest. I love to hear instrumental metal while playing MW2.

Wow..

Usually I find your tones really scratchy, but this is just. Wet is the only way I can describe. In a good way.

edit: I cannot stand that snare. Its all boing with zero punch. But that kick.. is that an AD kick or a sample? If the latter, could you share? If its the former.. well done because AD kicks are usually fuckin AWFUL.

Morgan, seriously, you fixate too much on drums dude. It's like a pattern with every single one of your posts :lol:

EDIT: You know what I really wish? That Meshuggah would stop being gay with those AXE-FX's and just dial a tone similar to yours Ola. It would make their newer records much more bearable IMO. The Savage is like the holy grail of wet djent that they're trying to aspire to with that digital piece of shit.

Morgan, seriously, you fixate too much on drums dude. It's like a pattern with every single one of your posts :lol:

I'm a drummer :D

That and I never listen to guitars tbh.. I'll listen to drums, vocals and even bass before I pay attention to guitars. When I'm mixing I palm them off to someone else to reamping, and then they come in last. And since there's no vocals in this and you really can't tell much about the bass... :D