YT: Testing my new Ibanez with fat riffs(Savage etc)

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
Since I haven't had the time recording anything lately(mostly because of my new dog) I recorded one of my earlier songs but for real this time, no impulses just my savage straight in.

The Ibanez is a MTM2. I really like the shape of this one to bad it says "SEVEN" on the trussrod plate. Nothing a bit of black tape can fix though.

Nothing fancy going on in this recording, just a sm57 straight into my HB 2x12 with v30s. One take on each side, don't remember which side is the one I play in the video.

Enjoy... or don't!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you can find a new black for cheap and curve ur bands name on.

Anyways.Tone is A W E S O M E.:headbang:This HB cab is too good for the money.
What pickups does the MTM wear?

icon_headbang[1].gif

icon_metal.gif

:headbang:
:kickass:
metal.gif

punk.gif

Kickass man! So the Mick Thompson model, eh? Are you using the stock pickups in it? Also, what kind of picks do you use? (random, I know, but I'm trying to find one that works better for me than the standard-shaped purple tortex :erk: )

Yeah, I've been using Jazz III's for a little over a week now, and I really like 'em, but I still feel like they're just a bit too small (gotta order some Jazz III XL's to try out, no music stores around me have 'em! :()

there has to be some problem with the instruments stores right now... a friend of mine was looking for a 4x12 cab (any brand) and they didnt have one not even a behringer, or a marshall or anything just 2x12

Yeah, I've been using Jazz III's for a little over a week now, and I really like 'em, but I still feel like they're just a bit too small (gotta order some Jazz III XL's to try out, no music stores around me have 'em! :()

Try Ibanez: http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_bpa16hsbk_pick_set.htm
I with these since forever and i really love the feeling that they dont even move from ur fingers.Nice shape also.Really nice for fast picking(not that i play really really fast:lol:but thats another story).
I ve tryied jazz also but i prefer them when i play bass cause their harder(actually i use the small ones:ill:)

Kickass man! So the Mick Thompson model, eh? Are you using the stock pickups in it? Also, what kind of picks do you use? (random, I know, but I'm trying to find one that works better for me than the standard-shaped purple tortex :erk: )

Thanks! Yeah those are the stock Ibanez V8 and V7 pickups. They can't compare to active pickups but sound pretty decent!

I use Dunlop Tortex Sharp. Jazz III are good but they're to small for my hands. I always got tearings on my finger playing jazz.

But I really like the tortex sharp. I play the white(1.5) and black ones(1.36)
1153434134_TORTEX_SHARP_412_GRP_463X342.jpg