Zero Hour & Odin's Court east coast US mini-tour

That was a friggan killer show Saturday night! That had to of been one of the best nights of metal that I've seen there. I'd love to see more prog metal nights like this (instead of all the usual death metal nights they seem to have at Jaxx).

Odin's Court definitly put on one of their best performances. Kinda depressing that they will not be playing again for a while, though. Oh well, the new album will be something to look forward to.

Also, it was awesome to get to see alot of my good metal friends, such as those from the pool party. Of course, we had to assume the "DVD positions" during Odin's Courts performance, that is, we were in the same positions from during the DVD shoot. :headbang:

And of course, Zero Hour was awesome! After having getting a chance to listen to all thier albums, I was really able to appreciate there performance much more than I did in Atlanta.

I am so glad to get to attend this show, and see many of my friends both in and out of the bands. I'll have to get some of these pictures I took up for all to see.

I just wish the drive home was a bit better though. Fucking ended up trashing my still relatively new 2005 Saturn, thanks to the fucking wind and rain. Spun out and kissed the guardrail just north of the Stafford exit, a mere 10 miles or so from home. :ill: Hopefully, it appears to be pretty much body damage, in that I did not do any structural/mechanical damage. The engine was still running and no airbag deployment, as well as Labryinth still playing on the stereo.
Hey dude, thanks for coming out again and for the continued support! Glad that you "assumed the position" and enjoyed the show so much! :lol: I know I had an absolute BLAST playing there again. Great crowd!

Dude, sorry to hear about your accident on the way home! I'm just glad that you are OK! It wasn't a good day for vehicles was it?

From my post in the PP forum:

Now that I'm marginally more awake than I was yesterday... :lol:

I, too, would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to Zero Hour for providing such an awesome opportunity for us and letting us play the shows with them. When I found them on the interenet back around 98-99, I instantly loved their music. They were one of the primary draws for me at PP1! If anyone had suggested that one day in the future I'd driving 1500+ miles with these guys to play some shows, I would've laughed in their face. ;) I'm SO glad that I wrong! Not only are they extremely talented, they are some of the nicest guys I have ever met and can't imagine a better band to tour with. I have played shows with bands that could barely play three chords and they had rock star attitudes, these guys are all top-notch musicians and you won't find the slightest bit of that attitude with them! I feel so honored to have shared the stage with these guys!

I also want to thank the number of people I met at the various shows from this forum! It was like a traveling mini-ProgPower! I know I should've written things down as time went along so I wouldn't forget, but I didn't. :(

Metalsped (Rich), it was great meeting you in Worcester! I know there were a few others, but I didn't write things down and after all the late nights and driving, my brain is fried.

At Jaxx, it was great seeing all the usual crew: Kez, Division, Dr. Metal, Jason B., Matt, Andrea, Keith and Lori from Rising Forces USA, Encompass, Brave, and many more others that I am failing to recall right now.

And at The Hook, AMBR, Dave, and Michelle from Beyond Ear Candy - you guys ROCK, thanks for the support! Zod and wife (or GF) Paula - dude, it was great seeing you again and singing along some ZH with you guys. Thanks for kind words about my playing -- it really means al lot to me coming from you! Of course, I can't forget Ken and Milton since we were all going crazy up there! :kickass: Nice job on vox there Milton! I can't wait to hear your projects (you too Ken). Christina R. it was nice to see you again, I can't wait to see your pictures! Kaosaur, no problem dude, I thought you were someone else I knew with the PP7 shirt on. Wish we had more time to talk later. Gregg and the rest in Suspyre, nice set! Same goes to The Void. Last, but not least... Savabich2 - THANK YOU so much for the kind words about our set! I personally think that ZH rocks, but I can't say that I mind hearing someone gush about my band either! :) I really wish you had introduced yourself though. If you did, I'll chalk that up to old age! :p

A big thanks goes out the guys in Division for letting us borrow your drummer, James! Dude, you did a great job of learning a bunch of our material in a short period of time -- especially since it is so stylistically different from Division!

I also have to acknowledge my band mate and good friend, Matt Brookins! Dude, thanks so much for working so hard and all the frustrations you endured booking the shows! I know you worked very hard. And it didn't stop with the booking, it went through to the very end with all the other necessary stuff to make sure things happened! Now that all this is behind us, I can't wait to start working on the next chapter in Odin's Court history with you - starting with the new CD!

After so much driving and staying up late, I'm fairly exhausted, but I'd do it all over again in a second! Going back to work today TOTALLY SUCKED!! I was already tired and going through music withdrawl, so to go back to the corporate bullshit world and geek out with computer programming, it really underscored to me how much I wish I was able to play music for a living!

Once again, thanks to Zero Hour and all the fans that came out to the shows and supported us! In the immortal words of the Tipton's, YOU KATS RULE!!!

Hey Matt, I'm really sorry I wasn't able to make your show at The Hook. It was a combination of me having to work, and my wife and kid both being sick. I'm really bummed I didn't get to finally meet you and see you guys play:cry:

Would anybody happen to have a set list for that show? Please tell me you guys played Utopian Rust. Or don't, because that would bum me out even more that I missed it...

MG

All I can say is TX and the EAST COAST RULED!!!! Want to thank everyone who came out to make our shows in TX, MD, NJ, MASS, VA and NY a great experience. Zero Hour friends and fans really feel like family to the band. It's so awesome to hear you say thank you for coming out to our area but really it's our pleasure and it's you we want to thank for supporting us in what we do.

There's plenty of people I want to thank for helping the band out with open arms. Angela who put together posters and flyers for our show at the FBI club in Houston. They looked amazing and she did this with her own money and time. My brutha Rusty who helped Angela in promoting the event and who is doing a live report of the show in a future Explicitly Intense issue. The fans who came out to this show just RULES and it's awesome to see the crew up front wearing all Zero Hour shirts..You know who you are. Brutha Patrick who took some awesome photos and sent a awesome video clip of the show. Jay the awesome vocalist of Cea Serin YOU RULE!! Brutha Shane and the rest of the MINDCRIME crew who came out to support. What was really awesome is seeing Chris's family come out and support which is so METAL!! Was a pleasure meeting Chris's brother, sister, Mom and Dad. Any family that comes to support a family member in what they love to do is awesome. I Would like to thank the kats in Magistral and Six Minute Century (DON YOU RULE!!!) for doing amazing performances at the show. Thomas of Alamo Tees (Chris's best buddy) who just RULES and thank you so much everything bro you're so METAL!!!! Ray (Chris's cousin) who just had me rolling the whole time. YOU RULE MAN and it was awesome meeting you. A BIG METAL shout out to George and the crew of One of six....George (Drummer of One of Six) was so cool to let us get a practice in at his place and just a super nice guy. Please support all these great bands we mentioned and I wish them all much success...........P.S. We missed not having Fata at the show but FATA SO RULES!!

Mike Potter and Orion studios for having us and Suspyre to kick off our East Coast dates. Mike does this for the love of Progressive music and runs a recording studio at Orions. The people cheered us on and Rich Horner just so RULES....That kat was throwing his hair all over the place and he always supports ZH. (Him and his buddy were at Jaxx as well as John who is a cool kat too.) I met Crankenstein which was awesome and I was sorry to hear Eric who drove 4 hours to see us and unfortunately his friend got sick and he had to drive her back....YOU RULE ERIC and maybe next time bro.

NJPROGHOUSE was just amazing and a show I think none of us will ever forget how awesome it was. Jim and the rest of the crew at NJPROGHOUSE thank you for having us and you just so RULE!!! Greg (ZOD) and Paula, Christina R, AMBR, Dave and Michelle from Beyond Ear Candy who not only made the NJPROGHOUSE show but also made the Hook....YOU ALL ARE SO METAL!!! Rob and Ashley (METAL) our METAL-SISTER Meg, Eric and Nici (METAL-Couple), Tom, my shred brutha Angel who was shredding some licks on my guitar and everyone who came out to make this show so awesome. I know I'm forgetting people but just know you made this show so memorable.

At the Lucky Dog in Worcester MASS we had a MASS-ProgPower crew from that way who just SO RULED!!!! The kats who we all chatted with and came to see us screamed their heads off and it gave so much energy to our show. Marc and his wife for coming out as well. The only problem was we could only play 30 minutes for you guy's and felt so bad the club wouldn't let us play more for you guy's. Luckily they got a great set from Odin's Court and Joe Stump...WAY METAL!!!

Jaxx in Virgina was just so awesome and with bands like Division and Odin's Court you had a KILLER bill......Not to mention all the other band were very, very good and just a great night for METAL!! My guitar brutha Morgan and his crew all wore ZH shirts and they were right up front with Rich Horner and Eddie just headbanging like crazy. What was awesome is there was a kat from the UK with his lady at the show as well. Mike and the kats from Division just shred-up a KILLER set and talk about way cool guy's. Mike handed us over $60.00 giving us a dollar for every ticket they sold. Now they didn't have to do this and being on the road we need every dollar to survive. Division is a KILLER BAND and all class acts....Please keep supporting Division and I can't wait to hear a new disc from these kats. Matt Johnsen and his fiance drove 4 hours to see us and it was awesome to see our METAL-BRO there. Coldie and her fiancee who just cooked up the great eats for Zero Hour. YOU BOTH SO RULE for the awesome food and it didn't last long lol...I did save some for Christina Coldie and thank you so much again.

The Hook in Brooklyn NY was such an awesome show to end the tour on. Having people singing with songs so loud, fists in the air.....IT WAS SO METAL!!!! You had Milton (METAL-BRO and ANGRARULES lol) who brought his buddies who were awesome kats. My Metal bro Kenneth (who drove 5 hours to see us and it was the best to meet you my brutha) DJZH (So great to see you Shawn and you've been there from the start) My brutha Brett from Transcending the Mudane YOU RULE KAT!! Dave Brenner of Earsplit PR who is doing an amazing job for Zero Hour. Milton, Brutha Rick (Odin's Court) Savino (Going off with drums that shred-kat keys man) Greg (ZOD) and Paula, Christina R, AMBR, Dave and Michelle, METAL BRUTHA TW, the crew who was under 18 who were able to come in once we stepped on stage. (These kats waited in the rain the whole time and it was so METAL that James and The Hook let them come in.), All of you were headbanging, screaming singing the songs with us.....All of you in the crowd made this such an amazing show for us and thank you so very much. When we arrived at The Hook we didn't see too many people in the club and thought it was dwindling away. It was like night and day because we were setting up our gear and all of a sudden nothing but heads were on the floor wanting to hear Zero Hour.....The place just filled in and it was an amazing feeling. I almost forgot the kat who is a huge fan of Odin's Court and was wearing their shirt at the Hook. Him and his wife were at the Virgina show and drove all the way to The Hook in Brooklyn NY to attend the show. He was always up front giving high fives both nights and if that's not METAL then I don't know what is. I want to thank The Void for playing in the bill and did a great job opening the night..METAL!!

Just when you think I'm done I have big thank you's going out to Odin's Court, Suspyre, Greg and Paula and the legend himself Ken Golden (Sensory Records-Laser's Edge).

Greg and Paula were so awesome to let us stay at their beautiful home and just the nicest people you could ever meet. They made both our NJ and Brooklyn NY show and all I can say is Greg and Paula are family to Zero Hour. Thank you for everything and you help made our East Coast tour an amazing experience.

Suspyre is an amazing band out of Jersey and I just want to say thanks to Gregg, Clay, Sam, Rich and Andrew you kats RULE!!! These guy's have a great future a head of them and they were so cool to let us use their gear for the first two shows. Clay can really belt out them notes. Please support these kats and be on the lookout for their release on Nightmare. Due to the artwork their release date isn't carved in stone yet but it will be out soon.

I'm so thankful to this great band who was so helpful to us and who are just amazing people. Odin's Court RULES and I want to thank Matt, Rick, Craig, Savino and John for everything they did for us. Matt (Vocalist and guitarist) was so focused in putting some awesome shows together for us and did so with flying colors. Matt and I had many conversations in getting shows together and Matt is the work-horse of Odin's Court and I have so much respect for him. Thank you so much for everything Matt, YOU JUST RULE SHRED-KAT!!! My SHRED-BRO Rick who I first met in 2001 at Progpower 1 Chicago. Rick and I chatted it up for days at Progpower and just knew right away that Rick is one of the nicest kats you could ever meet. Rick and his awesome g/f Barb had Zero Hour over their beautiful house and made us feel so at home. We stayed a couple nights, they cooked for us and we really all had so much fun hanging out and chatting it up all night. Odin's Court and ZH are family and I was so STOKED to see Rick rip it up on stage and the kat has presence. Savino, Craig and John you kats are amazing players (All the kats in Odin's Court for that matter) and thank you guy's so much for all your help.....Look forward to doing this again with you guy's in the future. Want to thank the awesome ladies of Odin's Court Barb, Nicki and Brittany....METAL!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU TO KEN GOLDEN of Sensory Records - The Laser's Edge. We have been with Ken from the start and we couldn't be happier with what he does for us. Ken and if awesome wife Lauren had us stay at their beautiful house and cooked us the most amazing steak. Ken Golden is nothing but class and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been able to do these shows. KEN YOU RULE and thank you for everything you do for us and Prog-Metal.

Last but not least the very beautiful Christina Grimaldi who worked her butt off to make this happen. She got everything together with Odin's Court and Suspyre. and she does an amazing job on our myspace page. Her company METAL MAD BABE Bookings helped put together the Hook show and she was the beautiful merch lady at every show...... Some would say I have to say this because she's my lady but really she did more than anyone could ask for.....YOU RULE BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you everyone who attended the shows and made us feel so great in what we do. Until next time Raise the Horns!!!!

Jasun, Troy, Mikey and Chris of Zero Hour

P.S. I know I forgot to mention some people but you all RULE and we really appreciate the support.

Hey dude, thanks for coming out again and for the continued support! Glad that you "assumed the position" and enjoyed the show so much! :lol: I know I had an absolute BLAST playing there again. Great crowd!

Dude, sorry to hear about your accident on the way home! I'm just glad that you are OK! It wasn't a good day for vehicles was it?

That was a truly awesome night. Believe me, I would've loved to also have attended the New York show as well (especially as I'd love to seen Suspyre), but I just could not afford to take the day of work off on Monday (especially as I am going to Indy over Thanksgiving to visit my brother).

Well, got the estimate back for my car - Friggan $86-fucking-hundred dollars! Yes, that is $8,600! :ill: It is going to be a good solid month before I even get my car back (right now, relying on my junking old piece-of-shit 1990 Mazda B2200 pickup) Completely trashed that whole right side and yes, as I am finding out, I am very lucking I did not ended up getting killed. Could've easily went over the embankment, or hit a truck or any other nasty scenerio. They did say, that it was nearly all cosmetic, but alot of body work, except they will need to replace that whole rear passenger side quarter panel as well as the front right suspension got trashed pretty badly as well. Apparently, the frame did not get bent, nor any damage to the engine itself (like I said before, it was still running after the crash) After they get it fixed, I may seriously just trade it in, as I really have no desire to want to drive that car again (after I get the local Tweeter to reinstall the stock stereo, as I had a very nice custom audio system in there).

But anyway, that was probably the most awesome night I had there at Jaxx. After seeing all my cool metal friends, it was truly like a family! I wish I could do more to support you guys, such as offering a place (hell, if you guys ever play in Fredericksburg - just let me know and you'll have a bed and a meal right here. For that matter, anytime you guys ever just want to visit down here this way).

Also, after this, I am definitly a fan of Zero Hour for a long time. There is just something that has to be said when a band's guitar player comes down off the stage, and personally thanks you for sticking around and rocking out with them. Yes, Jasun actually did that. I am just stoked for getting to see them and was very appreciative that they could put on such a kick ass show! Now doubt, these guys definitly don't have any snooty attitudes or anything like that! This is why I love supporting these bands like Division, Odin's Court, Encompass, and Zero Hour. Thes guys are up there doing it for the love of the craft and not just trying to big some "big time rockstar". I'd love to see you guys rake in the millions, but at the time, I hope you guys never forget what makes you great in the first place.

Again, thanks for an awesome time, and now I wish I did go to the NYC show as well (hell, probably would've not wrecked driving up that way).

Excellent!

Dude, that totally sucks!! Again, I'm just glad that you made it out in one piece -- alive!

Glad you had such a great time! And yes, it is like family now. Kinda weird walking in the place and knowing almost everyone there! Not only, but considering most of them friends is just awesome!

Cool! Those guys are totally awesome as you found out first hand! Absolutely no rock star attitudes, just super nice people that can play their instruments better than most!

Thanks again for the continued support Steve!

PICTURES from Brooklyn

axn6.jpg

brn3.jpg

clp3.jpg

As always, a pleasure to play with OC - and the rest of the killer line-up didn't hurt, either. I know Matt worked his butt off to make this happen, and we were just happy to play a role.

Truly, one of the best shows I've ever been involved with. I'm chiding our fans that didn't come out for missing it. :lol:

Hey Matt, I'm really sorry I wasn't able to make your show at The Hook. It was a combination of me having to work, and my wife and kid both being sick. I'm really bummed I didn't get to finally meet you and see you guys play:cry:

Would anybody happen to have a set list for that show? Please tell me you guys played Utopian Rust. Or don't, because that would bum me out even more that I missed it...

MG
It's all good. It happens. :( I'm bummed I didn't get to finally meet you in person though, and you missed a HELL of a show!!!

Yes, we played "Utopian Rust" - at concert speed (i.e. Iron Maiden and Symphony X fast). :lol:

As always, a pleasure to play with OC - and the rest of the killer line-up didn't hurt, either. I know Matt worked his butt off to make this happen, and we were just happy to play a role.

Truly, one of the best shows I've ever been involved with. I'm chiding our fans that didn't come out for missing it. :lol:
Me too! One of the best overall quality shows. Hey, it's the 2nd I've put together and both have been very successful. I guess that means we can do it again sometime. ;)