Zod bought the last Amon Amarth brand vodka shirt

Ahhh... good times. I think Mark only fell down 8 times.

Amon Amarth was very cool.

I think I had one of the worst headaches of my life after the go-go bar. I think one of the dancers (or maybe one of the guys in Trivium) slipped me a roofie. Surprisingly, my headache went away as soon as we started cranking up "Spreading the Disease" (best Anthrax CD ever, don't argue, it's already been decided).

I think we recruited half a dozen people for Heathenfest.

Zod

General Zod said:
Ahhh... good times. I think Mark only fell down 8 times.

I only fell down once, but it was a doozy and I have the bruises to prove it. Ugh.

General Zod said:
I think I had one of the worst headaches of my life after the go-go bar. I think one of the dancers (or maybe one of the guys in Trivium) slipped me a roofie.

Damn, I thought you seemed somewhat different after we left that place.

General Zod said:
"Spreading the Disease" (best Anthrax CD ever, don't argue, it's already been decided).

I won't argue - it's not opinion, it's fact.

General Zod said:
I think we recruited half a dozen people for Heathenfest.

Oh man are we in for some serious trouble (in the fun way) if even half of those people show up.

General Zod said:

Jason

markgugs said:
Too bad they didn't have any longsleeve stuff for sale.

183694_2.jpg

Zod

markgugs said:
Ancient Sign of Coming Storm
Pursuit of Vikings
Releasing Surtur's Fire
Fate of Norns
Stabwounds
Death in Fire

So anything up to and including The Avenger is ignored? I assume that's not a trend, just the fact that they were a 30 min opener.

So what were Trivium and Bodom like? I don't think I've ever heard any Trivium.

Yeah, nothing off the 1st 2 albums, only Surtur's off Crusher. But yeah, they only get 35 minutes. I can't understand really, this is their 5th tour in the past 3-4 years in the U.S., and yet they're still always the opening band! They really should at least be a support slot w/ 45-60 minutes IMO.

Anyway...Trivium is really not terrible. Very thrash-influenced, lots of Bay Area late '80s sound to their chugga-chugga riffing. Some death-type elements w/ LoG styled vocals. I think the vocals make people lump them in with metalcore bands, but it's not really deserved now that I've heard a bit of them.

Bodom was Bodom. The place was going insane, no doubt, and I have to say, they're good showmen and put on a quality performance. I just don't like most of the material they choose to play live (heavy off past 2 albums); the select stuff they did off Hatebreeder & Follow the Reaper was good and fun.

that shirt solidifies that i need some Amon Amarth. fuckin brilliant.

Once Sent From Your Momma's Crotch is the place to start, right?

Honestly, I wouldn't start there. Yes, it's ruling beyond all imaginable fathoms, but it's not all that representative of their sound now. I'd personally start with Vs. the World (which I think is their best anyway).

Once Sent isn't easy to find for a reasonable price, either.