The one band you want to see live?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
If you could see any band you wanted to, in a live setting, who would it be?

For me, it's Amon Amarth.:headbang:

Over the last five years, I've seen a ton of bands that I really wanted to see; Nevermore, SX, Zero Hour, Tad Morose, Evergrey, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, etc. etc. The one band that I'm still dying to see is Amon Amarth. I've got my fingers crossed that they make it to North America in support of "Fate of Norns".

So, whose yours?

Zod

Nobody. I've seen everyone I really want to see now. Anything above and beyond is gravy, or a repeat occurence.

If I could time travel, then that would be different.... :cool:

I've pretty much seen all the bands I want to that are still around, but if I had a time machine:

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Nirvana
Kyuss
Carcass
Megadeth w/ Menza, Freidman, and Ellefson

Oh, Queens of the Stone Age, haven't seen those dudes. That's probably the last band on my list, for now.
lizard said:
Kayo Dot, now more than ever, after Nad's glowing reports.
Absolute must see.

Bastard! I'm not sure why I didn't see the bands on my list, the opportunity was there for all but Carcass. Oh, and I didn't start listening to Kyuss until this year, 8 years after they broke up. :loco:

Alice in Chains was supposed to open for Metallica in 1994, my first concert, but they backed out for reasons unknown. *cough* HEROIN *wheeze*

There aren't that many bands left to see for me.

Metallica
Agalloch
Bolt Thrower

Can't think of any more at the moment.

I generally don't like live concerts, but I'd go for Neurosis or Isis and maybe a few others like Primordial, Aeternus, etc.

If I could time travel, I'd go se Arcane Sun. duuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

Yes, Village People and ABBA, but that won't happen.

Metallica anno 1984 and Mayhem anno 1990 for me.
EDIT: damn yous J for getting in the way, my first say was for CA

Worship (If they even play live)
Agalloch
In The Woods... (In I had a time machine, or could bribe them off somehow)
Negurã Bunget (esp. if they played 'N Crugu Bradului in its entireity)

Mind you, I don't often go to concerts but those would be the ones that I would drop everything and head for it if I could afford to get to it.

Empyrium
Agalloch
In The Woods...

Well Agalloch are the only one I have any chance of seeing, and that's not ever going to happen either, which pretty much sucks.

One Inch Man said:
Alice in Chains was supposed to open for Metallica in 1994, my first concert, but they backed out for reasons unknown. *cough* HEROIN *wheeze*
We were supposed to see AiC headline in KC, when we were out there going to school. The show was on the day that the second Rodney King verdict got handed down (civil suit). For some bizarre reason, they cancelled the show out of fear of rioting. Why 15,000 white kids at an AiC show in KC would riot becuase three cops in LA lost a civil suit is beyond me. Needless to say, I never got a chance to see them live, and am bummed about it to this day.

Zod

My sister saw one of their last gigs in '96 I suppose, which I am VERY envious of... She didn't even know any of their songs... Mutter. I would settle for 95 or 96 as well, but pre-TSD would be ideal. Not because SotS and TSD are bad, exactly, but because a higher concentration of early material = the win.

Yep, it was mostly stuff from Slaughter (the only album I knew at the time). Actually come to think of it, it was in '96, not '95. Dissection and Morbid Angel on the same bill, SO AWESOME.

seen pretty much every band i like live ... but Negura definetelly would be a must see.
will have to see one day if I can schedule a trip back home to coincide with a live gig of theirs.