Amon Amarth

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
i think so, I wasn't paying much attention, tbh. But what I saw really impressed me (but not what I heard).

I remember thinking "hmmm, these guys actually aren't all that bad, too bad they look & act like a metalcore version of Boyz II Men" :lol:

it's also possible I was really drunk when they came on, plus talking to some smoking hot chick (who said she wanted my phone # after the show) might have influenced it. i dunno.

refer to one of my drunk posts. Me and some dude named Greg (i think) were holding her up between us so she could see (she's 5 feet tall, lol) and he pussed out like 1 song into bodom, and then alexi said something and the crowd went retarded and knocked her down from me and crushed in too fast for me to lift her back up and they started mashing her pretty good, tried to shelter her a bit, but she asked me to help her get out so I got a dude beside me to help me boost her up to the security guard (we were 3rd row) so she could get out. I started working my way out but couldn't find her again.

I fail. But this time its not cause I was drunk and lost a #. I shoudl just make up some fucking business cards or some shit

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
refer to one of my drunk posts. Me and some dude named Greg (i think) were holding her up between us so she could see (she's 5 feet tall, lol) and he pussed out like 1 song into bodom, and then alexi said something and the crowd went retarded and knocked her down from me and crushed in too fast for me to lift her back up and they started mashing her pretty good, tried to shelter her a bit, but she asked me to help her get out so I got a dude beside me to help me boost her up to the security guard (we were 3rd row) so she could get out. I started working my way out but couldn't find her again.

I fail. But this time its not cause I was drunk and lost a #. I shoudl just make up some fucking business cards or some shit

LOL

Iconoclastic Tendencies
~Headbanger Extraordinaire~

Private parties, alcohol-fueled funny cars, your place or mine
(xxx) IM-METUL

no, I'm just tired, but that was pretty priceless... heck, i might make some of these up for gag factor. Put that as the phone number Then put the real one on the back, lol

I think I'll stay for Trivium, but care less about CoB. First off, Trivium deserves props for the way they handled the Maiden/Ozzfest debacle. It was one thing to stay clear of the incident it's another for a young Metal band to speak out against the most powerful woman in the industry. Second, while they get lumped in with the rest of the NuMetal bands, I tend to think their roots are in the right place. They proudly state they're a Metal band, and there's a lot in their music that backs that statement up. "Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr" and "A Gunshsot To The Head Of Trepidation" are both excellent songs.

Zod

haha, we gotta do this up T-meister. if just for the laughs it gets.
yeah, they weren't too bad. And bodom got old, fast. Worse live than recorded

General Zod said:
I think I'll stay for Trivium, but care less about CoB. First off, Trivium deserves props for the way they handled the Maiden/Ozzfest debacle. It was one thing to stay clear of the incident it's another for a young Metal band to speak out against the most powerful woman in the industry. Second, while they get lumped in with the rest of the NuMetal bands, I tend to think their roots are in the right place. They proudly state they're a Metal band, and there's a lot in their music that backs that statement up. "Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr" and "A Gunshsot To The Head Of Trepidation" are both excellent songs.

Zod

Bodom will be fun enough to listen to while we pound beers in the back :D

markgugs said:
Bodom will be fun enough to listen to while we pound beers in the back :D
True. It's not like there's going to be some place better to be at that point. Mine as well hang at the Troc and drink.

That said, we better get out tix soon or we're not going to get them. This show just sold out in NYC (Irving Plaza). Trvium's star is rising quickly. Even Alexi said they should be opening for Trivium in the U.S.

Dark One... thoughts?

Zod

General Zod said:
True. It's not like there's going to be some place better to be at that point. Mine as well hang at the Troc and drink.

That said, we better get out tix soon or we're not going to get them. This show just sold out in NYC (Irving Plaza). Trvium's star is rising quickly. Even Alexi said they should be opening for Trivium in the U.S.

Dark One... thoughts?

Zod

I know! There's a thread around here somewhere in which I said: "Zod, get the Amon Amarth tickets!!! NYC just sold out!" :tickled:

Do you mind getting them?

markgugs said:
Do you mind getting them?
Not at all. I just wanted to touch base with Jason (especially after his Ticketmaster thread) and see if he'd prefer to go over to the box office. I'll give him a call on his cell if he doesn't respond to my PM by Friday morning.

Zod