Amon Amarth

General Zod said:
Not at all. I just wanted to touch base with Jason (especially after his Ticketmaster thread) and see if he'd prefer to go over to the box office. I'll give him a call on his cell if he doesn't respond to my PM by Friday morning.

Zod

Excellent, thanks mate.

I will get them tomorrow one way or another. No problem.

Jason

EDIT - just for shits and giggles I checked ticket availability for the show on Ticketmaster. The maximum tickets you can purchase is 50 so I input that. 50 tickets came up available for purchase. I'll still get them tomorrow, but rest easy guys, it's in the bag.

well, the SF date sold out according to the Slim's website :lol:

oh well, 20 bucks just to see amon amarth...meh

edit: the insinuation of course being that i did not get a ticket ahead of time

So I drove half an hour down to the box office in Philly, spent another half an hour fighting to try and find a parking spot in ridiculous Black Friday traffic so I don't have to pay the $10 minimum parking lot charges, finally find a metered spot, walk to the box office:

Someone answers the door - "sorry, box office closed for the holidays"

Me - "isn't there a show tonight?"

Someone - "Well... yeah."

Me - "What if people want to buy tickets for the show tonight? Will the box office at least be open later?"

Someone - "Most likely, but only for the show tonight"

Me - "Wait, so I can't buy tickets for another show tonight?"

Someone - "No, I told you, the box office is closed for the holidays."

Me - "I just spent an hour coming down here and there is no phone number to call to speak to someone directly, it's just a recording of upcoming shows, so there was no way I could tell that the box office would be closed, isn't there any way you can make an exception so I can get tickets for the show I wanted?"

Someone - "Sorry, I'm not on duty. Haven't you ever heard of Ticketmaster? You could've saved yourself all the trouble of coming down here. Try it next time."

Someone shuts door.

Dark One said:
Someone - "Sorry, I'm not on duty. Haven't you ever heard of Ticketmaster?

Ridiculous.

Box Offices should start charging their own "convenience charge" and compete with ticketmaster. It'll be more than face value, but still less than ticketmaster, so they'd have an actual *incentive* to sell direct to the consumer.

cthulufhtagn said:
well, the SF date sold out according to the Slim's website :lol:

oh well, 20 bucks just to see amon amarth...meh

edit: the insinuation of course being that i did not get a ticket ahead of time
yeh dude, it sold out at least month ago. i didnt get tix either, and i was actually lookin pretty early.

General Zod said:
Lame as fuck.

So, is your bud going to pick them up for us on Monday or should I buy them via TicketBastard?

Zod

He still hasn't called me back yet. I hate to pester, but I'll try calling him again tomorrow if he still hasn't called by then.

EDIT - I checked TicketBastard again and precisely 57 tickets are left. Fuck it, I'll just drive down there again today.

Dark One and Guggs,

I just thought of something that's going to suck ass. When shows at the Troc sell out, it usually takes them 45 minutes from the time the doors open, to get everyone inside. The first band usually goes on 30 minutes after the doors open. If we don't get in line relatively early, we will miss part of Amon Amarth's set. Second week of Decemebr, at 7PM in Philly, it's going to be less than warm. We need to get our alchohol jackets on early and be in line by 6:30PM at the latest.

Zod

do like me and drink beside some dudes house down an alley near the venue. Forbonus points, leave a beer shit with the course outline from a post-secondary course as shitwad.

General Zod said:
Dark One and Guggs,

I just thought of something that's going to suck ass. When shows at the Troc sell out, it usually takes them 45 minutes from the time the doors open, to get everyone inside. The first band usually goes on 30 minutes after the doors open. If we don't get in line relatively early, we will miss part of Amon Amarth's set.

You speak the truth, but knowing the Troc as I know it, for many sold out shows we need to get in line even earlier than 6:30, as the line will probably already be around the corner by then (just too many CoB and Trivium fanboys that want to get in the first few rows). I know it's cold and I know it's lame as fuck, but I was thinking more like 5:30 - 6:00 at the latest to ensure no missing of Amon Amarth.

What are both of your plans for that day (working, Gugs travel, drinking, etc.)? I have nothing better to do, so I can get down there pretty damn early to get in line, but if you guys wanted to drink beforehand, maybe should all just plan to meet early, drink and then get down there early. Thoughts?

markgugs said:
Jason, thanks man.

Zod, good point; I've heard of these "entrance" nightmares at the Troc (or maybe it was the e-factory). Either way, gotta get our drink on and just deal with it, agreed.

No problem man, and I'm definitely with both of ya on that one. ESPECIALLY considering Mark is coming all the way down mainly (or JUST) for Amon Amarth.

I thought of something else as well, there are probably plenty of Jersey and even New York people making the pilgrimage down for the show since it's selling out everywhere, meaning those people have nowhere to be but in line once they get there. We definitely don't want to take any chances, so I think the early plan works better once we figure things out.

Dark One said:
I know it's cold and I know it's lame as fuck, but I was thinking more like 5:30 - 6:00 at the latest to ensure no missing of Amon Amarth.
5:30? Holy fuck. I would think, that as long as were among the first 300 people in line, we should get in before AA goes on.

Dark One said:
What are both of your plans for that day (working, Gugs travel, drinking, etc.)? I have nothing better to do, so I can get down there pretty damn early to get in line, but if you guys wanted to drink beforehand, maybe should all just plan to meet early, drink and then get down there early. Thoughts?
I'm in training in Mass. Not sure how early I can get back to NJ. I'll speak to my instructor on that Monday, and find out what he plans on doing on Friday. If it's going to be something I'm not interested in, I should be back to NJ by 2PM.

Zod

I will basically just be taking a half-day, I can leave my place in NJ to get to Zod at any point, and time it to get there by 2-3 PM at the latest, I'm sure we could go see some tits, drink some beers and still be in line by 5:30-6 PM. :loco:

General Zod said:
5:30? Holy fuck. I would think, that as long as were among the first 300 people in line, we should get in before AA goes on.

Yeah, I agree with that, I guess we just have differing projections about when all the people are going to show up. I'm ok with 6:00, but I just have a bad feeling about getting there later than that. I could certainly be wrong, I'd just rather err on the side of caution.

General Zod said:
I'm in training in Mass. Not sure how early I can get back to NJ. I'll speak to my instructor on that Monday, and find out what he plans on doing on Friday. If it's going to be something I'm not interested in, I should be back to NJ by 2PM.

Cool.