ZP Theart Left Dragonforce?

It can be a lot more difficult for a new singer to gell into a band compared to other members. This is mainly down to the singer being the front personality of the group, although with metal bands it should be about the whole in the main (albeit my main reason for not liking a band can be the vocalist)

This is why Blaze was never accepted by a large section of Maiden fans (I personally love both albums and if you haven't heard it check out his solo stuff) and Ripper Owens by Priest fans (again love the albums and phenomenal live)

At the same time it can sometimes come down to band differences (Jason Newstead never being fully accepted by the other members of Metallica), which is what I loved about Sonata Arctica's way of getting Henrik into the band. They had two keyboardists in mind and they both knew they had the skillsset necessary for the job so they took them to the pub to see which one they got on better with

DF fans have already accepted Dave, Adrian (before his departure) and Freddie into the band, so there shouldn't be any trouble accepting a new vocalist into the fold, especially since the 'creative core' of the band is still intact and writing songs (Herman's words despite the fact that ZP seemed to have a large number of writing credits). In a way they need to go for someone similar so the back catalogue can be handled.

Also I can see the next album being very similar in terms of songs but at the same time I'd like there to be a few shorter songs on the next album. Maybe the 5 minute widdly solos are the way to try and move the focus away from the vocalist and they're fine in small doses but they sometimes take the focus away from the songs and can make the album and live performances drag (one in every song is fine but last time I saw them it was nearly every song and you almost forget which one they are playing)

It can be a lot more difficult for a new singer to gell into a band compared to other members. This is mainly down to the singer being the front personality of the group, although with metal bands it should be about the whole in the main (albeit my main reason for not liking a band can be the vocalist)

This is why Blaze was never accepted by a large section of Maiden fans (I personally love both albums

Indeed, I do not like a band just because of the vocalist, but I can certainly dislike one because of him.

As for Maiden, you can include me in the legions of fans who could never accept Blaze. Actually, I think both albums are certainly the weakest ones they produced. There are two amazing songs in The X Factor - The Sign of the Cross and Lord of the Flies - but that is all. They are both just Steve's and sound much much better with Bruce singing. :headbang:

Indeed, I do not like a band just because of the vocalist, but I can certainly dislike one because of him.

As for Maiden, you can include me in the legions of fans who could never accept Blaze. Actually, I think both albums are certainly the weakest ones they produced. There are two amazing songs in The X Factor - The Sign of the Cross and Lord of the Flies - but that is all. They are both just Steve's and sound much much better with Bruce singing. :headbang:

Then again, Bruce himself was a replacement.

It just goes to show that it can work either way for a band. Although obviously it is much harder for fans to accept a new front man and voice the longer the previous one has been a part of the band. And of course, some fans will never accept anyone new, no matter how good they are - take Sammy Hagar in Van Halen, for example.

The only successful 'new' singer in an established band at the height of their success that I can think of is Brian Johnson in AC/DC.

I just want to know who the new PQ vocalist is :mad::p it's dragging on now...

I'll agree vocalists are a big part of a band as they have a big part in the overall sound, tend to be the focus and convey the lyrics (well duh) if they're not up to scratch then a really decent band can turn into a mediocre one.
Lost Horizon can never be the same without Heiman. but i'm confident PQ and DF will find great vocalists

... obviously it is much harder for fans to accept a new front man and voice the longer the previous one has been a part of the band...

indeed, time is an issue - when Bruce came in, Maiden was just at the beginning in getting ready for Number of the Beast, which was their breakthrough - Bruce became the face & voice of Maiden...with Eddy of course :headbang:

DF has never had another vocalist. i just wonder ...it took them 11 years to find out they had 'insurmountable musical differences'!?! :rolleyes:

i just wonder ...it took them 11 years to find out they had 'insurmountable musical differences'!?! :rolleyes:

Well, I wouldn't have thought that was the way it was. People change, preferences change. Perhaps Zed Pee wanted to slow things down or else deviate from metal somehow? Who knows. I'm reminded of Alessio - epic metal vocalist through and through (way back when had lovely long hair too), now is very happy in an alt rock band.

This is my first post, so I'm a bit nervous. Most fans enjoy the predictablitily of a certain voice evoking a certain feeling when they listen to a certain song. It might be better to actually forge into a new direction when facing such a major change. The other option would be to invite the fans' feedback (and keep it in mind) when filling that opening. Just a personal opinion. It does seem to work a little better that way...I've seen a few rounds like this, since I've been listening to the hard stuff since the '60's.

is a new singer really going to give dragonforce that change that everyone is wanting? new vocals but same stuff, it's going to sound like a dragonforce rip off is all. if herman li left then we would see change. idk i just hope zp gets into something that i like as well as i like(d) dragonforce

So the month will be over after Friday. Since the announcement was going to be "later this month" it obviously can't be announced past Friday. So I guess I'm not the only one crossing my arms and tapping my watch and toes...

File:S3-Sbored.gif

Well, I wouldn't have thought that was the way it was. People change, preferences change. Perhaps Zed Pee wanted to slow things down or else deviate from metal somehow? Who knows. .

point taken and very likely to be true
but i still have this gut feeling that there was much more in there than just that

point taken and very likely to be true
but i still have this gut feeling that there was much more in there than just that

Of course there is more to it... you can't stay with a band that long and all the sudden say... bah... so what if we are successful... I'm moving on... I'm bored with this.:Smug:

I bet Steve's busy with the auditions today, so wouldn't expect him to put out a press release just yet. We've waited in anticipation this long, I'd gladly wait another week or so if the news is ZP....errr...good!

I bet Steve's busy with the auditions today, so wouldn't expect him to put out a press release just yet. We've waited in anticipation this long, I'd gladly wait another week or so if the news is ZP....errr...good!

agree, actually i'd wait to the end of times if the news is ZP :loco:

i hope things go well with the auditions today