ZP Theart Left Dragonforce?

i've always thought that sam is an underrated guitarist.

sam has a knack of creating melodic solos though. i've noticed it from watching some live dragonforce performance. he'd play the parts of solos that i liked.

I mean, PQ badly needs to get on tour with DF. Said it before.

But Steve says there's a lot of obstacles, particularly financial? Even so, if you can open for Tarja, you can probably find a way to open for DF. Especially given Steve's connections with DF--and especially given, well, you all know.

We're all going to be really embarrassed if it's not ZP, aren't we.

I know it may seem a bit hypocritical since in the past on this very forum I've defended DF to the hilt, but now that my initial DF mania has dimmed and I think I'm now a maturer, more experienced member of the pm community I've settled for DF nostalgic appreciator rather than ardent fan. Point being, though a gig/tour or some other kind of collaboration would be exciting I'd like to see PQ along side bands I don't know that well. I've seen/heard DF a LOT, but I like going to gigs and falling in love with some new unknown support band. I think maintaining the current distance from DF would be a positive thing for PQ.

I think you'll find that major support slots are all about money now, and a LOT of it. Headline acts sometimes need the extra revenue, sometimes they just want it. Why do you think so many terrible bands have found their ways on to support bills over the years?

Indeed, it is all about money and management - some bands are lucky to find a Rod Smallwood along the road.
As for the vocalist - yes, it would be a real embarrassment - maybe we should all stop dreaming

I know everyone is getting a little frustrated with the wait for the announcement on who is going to be fronting the band. I hope you can bear with me on this as it is vitally important that everything is right and proper before making any public statements. I don't want to be making MORE announcements of this nature for some considerable time.....lol!

And no-one's going to be disappointed, are they? ;) But yes, everything should be right before another Bill happens. Whoops. Did I say that?

Haha brilliant. He hops around way too much! Come to think of it wasn't there supposed to be a band with him and the ex vocalist of Outworld (RIP)?? called Coldera or something? i guess that's dead too.
If you listen to the demos from the Outworld webisodes (if they are still available) they had some really strong riffs and i was hoping that material would see a release.. oh well i'm rambling.

Back to the topic. We will continue to wait patiently (Or otherwise :lol:) for the announcement Steve you tease :p. i'm sure this lineup will be the one to bring PQ to the next level. i'm eagerly awaiting the follow up to MOI :Smokin:

I've always felt a bit uncomfortable when I begin to think of the ex-PQ members that used to post here (albeit they'd seldom show up) and then up and vanish when they leave the band. Yiiikes.

I've always felt a bit uncomfortable when I begin to think of the ex-PQ members that used to post here (albeit they'd seldom show up) and then up and vanish when they leave the band. Yiiikes.

Steve insists he maintains strong rapport with every single one!

If you want some inter-band angst with your power metal, check out the little spat between Chris and Ian over at the Alestorm board.

Well to be honest Alessio, Andrea and Francesco hardly ever posted here did they? lol! But those guys I'm in constant touch with......Alessio is helping me with the demo mixes at the moment and Andrea will be around when we do the album as will Francesco. Steve was always great on the forum....as was Bill during his brief stay.

I'm trying to get the newer guys more involved here too......

I mean, PQ badly needs to get on tour with DF. Said it before.

But Steve says there's a lot of obstacles, particularly financial? Even so, if you can open for Tarja, you can probably find a way to open for DF. Especially given Steve's connections with DF--and especially given, well, you all know.

We're all going to be really embarrassed if it's not ZP, aren't we.

I believe the embarrassment has come on gone seeings how 2 good bands have lost their front-man at the same time... and we only hope in time it all makes sense.:err: