A Natural Disaster, the best since Eternity

well it doesnt really matter if you think alternative 4 is the best thing since sliced hovis and a natural disaster sucks eggs. whats important is that its honest stuff.

me and john were talking the other day about all the things we could do musically but i bet half of you would totally critisize us for not being 'depressive' or 'losing our roots'

i ask you this.

is it my life or yours?

i suggest if you can write better songs than me then get cracking and you'll be supporting the mighty opeth before you know it.

that doesn' go for mehdi and dunc who actually can but wouldnt particularly want to support opeth anyway.

i do think that a4 is the best thing since sliced bread but i dont think that AND sucks eggs, far from it.. its brilliant. (are you there is one of the best songs ive ever heard) you should be very proud of the album. everything you've wrote that ive heard is excellent... any chance of you doing another solo gig in Ireland?? that was the best gig ive ever been to......hands down, we were all amazed! but alternative4 is great like.

pagan2002 said:
well it doesnt really matter if you think alternative 4 is the best thing since sliced hovis and a natural disaster sucks eggs. whats important is that its honest stuff.

me and john were talking the other day about all the things we could do musically but i bet half of you would totally critisize us for not being 'depressive' or 'losing our roots'

i ask you this.

is it my life or yours?

i suggest if you can write better songs than me then get cracking and you'll be supporting the mighty opeth before you know it.

that doesn' go for mehdi and dunc who actually can but wouldnt particularly want to support opeth anyway.
Well, anyways it is not really the fans "business" if you change your roots or stuff, some will like it, some won't, and it is obvious that you make music for the love of it and not just to please people and it does have alot of feelings, it is clearly honest...it doesnt really matter what genre it is, as long as it is good music i'll keep on listenin:)

cheers

pagan2002 said:

i ask you this.

is it my life or yours?

well said danny! some people who can't even hit a single chord on a guitar often criticise my own music as well and my answer to them is always "well let's see you do better". that's exactly why many people like Anathema - cos it's honest music.

couple more examples.. I'm sure many people here lost interest in Paradise Lost after Draconian Times and hate everything that came after, but I personally think "One Second" and "Host" are brilliant albums. or My Dying Bride got bashed when they did "34.788%" but in actual fact that was the best album they've done..

pagan2002 said:
not me. i mean, i'm always saying how great closer is. in fact i pray for more stuff like that in the future. and you already lost your roots (in a positive way i mean) so that's no prob.

gay

1 : merry
2 : bright and lively
3 : homosexual

i'll take the first word from option 2 then. :cool:

pagan2002 said:
wait, even if anathema want to play 'joyful' things, i think it will always be a few 'depressive' :p 'depressive' is not exactly the right word though...
between eternity and natural disaster, 'packing' has changed, but basically there is still the same basis.

so play the music you like, and there will be great chances we will like it too :Spin:

it's all about honesty, you're totally right