Zero Hour's new album, and ProgPower 7 performance

Come on now Jasun, you're really gonna make me travel 3 hours all the way to Boston to catch you guys and then see ya in NYC the next night? LOL

Originally Posted by VenomGA
I left during their first song, they were boring the shit out of me. sorry

sccaldwell said:
No need to apologize to us....YOU'RE the one that missed the best set of the night!!

I must agree with sccaldwell! I though ZH was incredible and I'm not a hard core prog person. It's amazing how music affects people differently and we're all listening to the same thing.

What I saw, heard and felt was... incredible musicians, outstanding vocals, guys who feel and share their passion for music and by George I felt quite honored. :worship:

For those who didn't have quite the same experience, try listening to the CD with your eyes closed and just take it in and feel it.

Just try listening to the cd...period! I remember my first taste of progressive music was Watchtower "Control & Resistence".At first I couldn't grasp everything that was going on,but I could tell that there was something there worth working for.Music affects different people in different ways,but I can always find something redeeming in any metal cd.If you give it three or four spins and it doesnt hit you...fair enough. But it deserves at least that much of a chance,for it is an awesome disc,as is Towers.
You could also try Jason Tiptons solo disc "Seduction". It has elements of jazz that you wouldnt expect,but it is such a laid back cd you would be surprised that this is coming from the mind of Zero Hour.Yet it is still recognizable as Jason.Def. worth picking up

That's awesome you dig the CD's TwizstedJesus and thanks so much for picking them all up.

You're correct with Specs and Towers.....It's material to listen to over and over again to keep finding something new in the material.

METAL!!!

Jasun

How could anybody not like? Jason Troy and Mike = one hell of a band. The addition of Chris puts the entire Zero Hour puzzle together amazingly! I've listened to Spec at least 10 times already...I have a pile of discs collecting dust since I can't find the time to get to them!
The solo stuff is awesome for many different reasons...It is the opposite spectrum from ZH,yet you can listen to them side by side and hear the complexities of ZH in Seduction and Nights Pulse.
Book some more shows on the East coast,preferably Pittsburgh or Cleveland and I will be there for sure

General Zod said:
I'm only half way through my second spin of "Specs" and I hear many of the same qualities I love in "Towers". I can't wait to hear what I uncover with each listen.:worship:

Zod

Zod,

So are you resting easier now that you've heard the stuff? I know you were a big fan of Eric's voice and very bummed when he was replaced. As good as Eric was, I'm an even bigger fan of Chris' vocals and was stoked to hear that he was the replacement. The new disc is everything I expected it to be (absolutely perfect), and then more! :headbang: I'm so glad they ended up getting to play this year!!!!!!

Todd

TwizstedJesus said:
I've listened to Spec at least 10 times already...I have a pile of discs collecting dust since I can't find the time to get to them!

<laughs> Same here!! I bought about 20 CDs at ProgPower, but I've listened to "Specs" at least 10 times....out of the other 20 or so CDs, two of them have been put on once each, and both times I wound up going back to Specs - BRILLIANT CD!!

I'd describe it to people this way: Ever seen a murder mystery or movie with a twisting plot where at the end you go "WHATTHEFUCK?!?!" and realize you've missed something really important?

Then you go back and watch it again and see all the stuff you missed the first time...then you start to put it together and you realize the brilliance of the whole thing ("Sixth Sense" did this for a lot of people), even though it left you confused the first time.

That's Zero Hour in a nutshell (especially the new disc). Every time you listen to it, you'll discover something new and gain more appreciation for just how brilliant and unique it is.

Craig

Yeah what's crazy Fiddler is I saw Zod and he was saying he was hoping to hear the material just before the show so he could have an idea on what to expect.

We'll be seeing Zod at NJPROGHOUSE show and I'm sure he'll be very aware of the material by then.....YOU BOTH RULE!!!

Twisted Jesus what's a couple clubs to look into at Pittsburgh? Also wondering how far that's from Jersey... If it make sense we love to make it happen.

Appreciate any help bro and very, very STOKED you dig Specs man!!

Jasun

Day 5 of playing Specs and I keep finding more amazing stuff everytime. Yesterday was the first day I got another CD open, Into Eternity's "The Scattering Of Ashes" (which is amazing by the way). So now I play Specs once, go to IE, back to ZH, then IE and so forth. :headbang:

Today I just played the album for a friend and he said there was no way 4 people could sound like that. He was blown away. So now, in Puerto Rico, there is at least another metalhead asking for Zero Hour...

Let the madness continue...

sccaldwell said:
<laughs> Same here!! I bought about 20 CDs at ProgPower, but I've listened to "Specs" at least 10 times....out of the other 20 or so CDs, two of them have been put on once each, and both times I wound up going back to Specs - BRILLIANT CD!!

I'd describe it to people this way: Ever seen a murder mystery or movie with a twisting plot where at the end you go "WHATTHEFUCK?!?!" and realize you've missed something really important?

Then you go back and watch it again and see all the stuff you missed the first time...then you start to put it together and you realize the brilliance of the whole thing ("Sixth Sense" did this for a lot of people), even though it left you confused the first time.

That's Zero Hour in a nutshell (especially the new disc). Every time you listen to it, you'll discover something new and gain more appreciation for just how brilliant and unique it is.

Craig
I, too, bought 20 CDs plus some DVDs and hve only opened up the new ZH so far! And you hit it right on the head -- it takes multiple listens to truly appreciate the genious behind the music! With multiple exposures you'll also start to notice the melodies and themes that are present in the music! I think that this one will surpass Towers with some more listens!!

Awesome, awesome job guys!

ZHJ&T said:
Yeah what's crazy Fiddler is I saw Zod and he was saying he was hoping to hear the material just before the show so he could have an idea on what to expect.

We'll be seeing Zod at NJPROGHOUSE show and I'm sure he'll be very aware of the material by then.....YOU BOTH RULE!!!

Twisted Jesus what's a couple clubs to look into at Pittsburgh? Also wondering how far that's from Jersey... If it make sense we love to make it happen.

Appreciate any help bro and very, very STOKED you dig Specs man!!

Jasun
I was too. No repeat of PP1 for me wher I had Tower for a few weeks and knew it well. But I did get one listen in. So instead of singing along and headbanging to every change, I enjoyed the pure, raw talent that was in full effect on that stage! I can't WAIT for the tour!!

As far as Pittsburg, its about 6+ hours from NJ nd about 4 1/2 hours from Baltimore. PA is a big ass state (not like TX or CA though). I think it or even Cleveland would be good places to play for the tour.

i can't get enough of the new album, these guys were my favorite at prog power this year. and the addition of chris is the icing on the cake. i am still finding new things with each listen. and to top it off these guys definitely were the nicest group of guys at prog power. i'll be a fan for life.

Heres for Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh! You can call the club in Erie too to see what you can do here.Like I said,many ProgDawgs around this area would come out to see the ZH show

Awesome man and appreciate the help. We'll see if it can come together with our routing schedule. This is also great to have in the future and thank you again Twizsted.

METAL!!

Jasun

TwizstedJesus said:
Heres for Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh! You can call the club in Erie too to see what you can do here.Like I said,many ProgDawgs around this area would come out to see the ZH show
Can you give some specific venues that are the right size and into booking metal? Links to website would help too. :D

I'm working on a contact list for the surrounding areas here/Cleveland,Buffalo,Pittsburgh and Erie.I'm sure more bands would be interested in coming to the area if they had accessible contact lists,and to be honest I hate having to travel long distances to get my metal fix.Anybody with contacts for metal clubs in these areas,feel free to send them to me and I'll get them onto the list.With MySpace,its much easier to build a list of friends to see who would come out to the shows,and give the bands an idea of what to expect.Metal till death!!!

TwizstedJesus said:
I'm working on a contact list for the surrounding areas here/Cleveland,Buffalo,Pittsburgh and Erie.I'm sure more bands would be interested in coming to the area if they had accessible contact lists,and to be honest I hate having to travel long distances to get my metal fix.Anybody with contacts for metal clubs in these areas,feel free to send them to me and I'll get them onto the list.With MySpace,its much easier to build a list of friends to see who would come out to the shows,and give the bands an idea of what to expect.Metal till death!!!
Thanks a lot dude! That would be greatly appreciated! Believe me, we'd like to play all over too! Some clubs are infamous (i.e. Jaxx) and even people across the country know about it. The Agora in Cleveland be another example, but I believe it is a bit on the large side (for now).

Thanks again!

I haven't been able to stop listening to the new CD either, it gets better every time I listen! It's in my car, in my computer at work and in my computer at home. Love it, love it, love it!