11/3 Show in NYC

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Awesome. Maybe their best performance (of the 8 times I've seen them). The sound was as good as I've ever heard for a show. Everyone around me was talking about it. Just dead on perfect. Warrell sounded strong and was much more energetic than he was a few nights ago in Philly (though he mentioned he is still sick). My only complaint was the abbreviated set list; only seven songs. No "Seven Tongues of God" and no "Never Purify".

Opeth was excellent. Defintely their best performance (of the 6 times I've seen them). Their set list was the same as it's been the last few nights.

Aside from the fact that the price of drinks was insane (1st Round = 5 vodka drinks, 1 beer = $65 with tip), Webster Hall is a great place to see a show.

Zod

General Zod said:
Aside from the fact that the price of drinks was insane (1st Round = 5 vodka drinks, 1 beer = $65 with tip). Zod

Holy mackerel! That ìs insanely expensive! What are they trying to prove over there?
They charge that kind of amounts over here, in nightclubs and tittiebars.
Atleast you'll get to see some titties for that cash!

Awesome show, bad sound. The bass was unbearable for Nevermore and Into Eternity and it drowned most other things out, but I still had a great time. After the show I got to meet almost all of the band, and even got to talk to Steve for probably half an hour or so which was really cool.

Hey Steve, I know you asked me what my name was on the board so if you see this I'm the guy who chatted with you about Dragonlord, your knee, etc! :wave:

All in all it was a great night, and I give Warrell all the credit in the world for pulling through when he was still visibly sick.

Iris said:
Holy mackerel! That ìs insanely expensive! What are they trying to prove over there?
They charge that kind of amounts over here, in nightclubs and tittiebars.
Atleast you'll get to see some titties for that cash!

no no... Iris... I can't believe he payed 65$ for one beer???
thats insane....

Beers cost $4.5-4 in bars, and if you're in a really yuppie bar then $5-5.5

glad you had a good time general Zod!!

they also give you a menu of women..for after tasters.

Yo bro ledmag, get in touch

rebirthh said:
they also give you a menu of women..for after tasters.

Speaking of posh, menu's and women:
makes me think of Naked Sushi!

No forks allowed!
untitled.jpg

And for the Über posh:
the ' No Smarr Birrs Arrowed' menu, is available on request*
:D

I'll keep that in mind, guys. Thnx.
There's always room for extra knees to shove under the table!
I think i won't be able to bring out the Naked Sushi Chef by then, but if pancakes and scambled eggs are cool enough for breakfast? You're welcome.

General Zod said:
Awesome. Maybe their best performance (of the 8 times I've seen them). The sound was as good as I've ever heard for a show. Everyone around me was talking about it. Just dead on perfect. Warrell sounded strong and was much more energetic than he was a few nights ago in Philly (though he mentioned he is still sick). My only complaint was the abbreviated set list; only seven songs. No "Seven Tongues of God" and no "Never Purify".

Opeth was excellent. Defintely their best performance (of the 6 times I've seen them). Their set list was the same as it's been the last few nights.

Aside from the fact that the price of drinks was insane (1st Round = 5 vodka drinks, 1 beer = $65 with tip), Webster Hall is a great place to see a show.

Zod
Opeth was better at their last show in Irving Plaza when they played The Moor and April Ethereal

I think i won't be able to bring out the Naked Sushi Chef by then, but if pancakes and scambled eggs are cool enough for breakfast? You're welcome.

Sounds yummy. I make a killer vanilla and almond flavored french toast as well.