1st 2011 Update: Pedal Board Finally Finished

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
Thought I'd throw out some recent pics of the completed pedal board. Also visible is the new Thor 6er on the left. I've been locked away in the spacious Esdegy Recording working on several recordings, including the instrumental Christian Muenzner solo album, new Charred Walls and some other stuff in even earlier stages of production. This year will also see the releases of the recently completed Memorain album as well as Mikey's Anatomy Of I (www.myspace.com/anatomyofi). Back to recording!
SDG

l_a7cf05fc5cf64780a465c7b8b9ba663b.jpg
l_10fea409355f44faa249214de9c79f3e.jpg

l_74a1c1a24db740c0b113e0971b46ebd6.jpg

Can't wait for all of these recordings, Steve, especially for Memorain.
I have a question for you, if you don't mind: why do you use stereo flanger and chorus?
BTW, at least 5 of these pedals are discontinued, aren't they?
Thank you, and keep rocking!

Got to love those basses!

I have a question though... around what time did you start using Fretless basses? Because it seems like you haven't been using them throughout your career. Is there any particular album that you started using Fretless on? You know, the "first Fretless Bass album"?

I have a question though... around what time did you start using Fretless basses? Because it seems like you haven't been using them throughout your career. Is there any particular album that you started using Fretless on? You know, the "first Fretless Bass album"?

A Vision of Misery? or maybe Fiend for Blood by Autopsy?

Hi Steve, Thanks for sharing this pics with us. It's good to know how your pedals setting is. Looking forward to listen you playing that 6er Thor bass. Always waiting for some new recordings! Greetings from Venezuela!

Rod Lopez

Awesome. Do you endorse DOD, Steve?
Nope, as far as I know the company DOD is no longer making anything. I think Digitech took them over at first, but the pedals I tried from them didn't even work for me at all. When I had a couple of my old reliable DOD pedals break down I thought to replace them from some eBay finds, and that worked, but now that's the only place that I can find them. But as long as they work when I buy them, I'm happy...doesn't matter that they're used. So I stick to what I know and trust, so if I need a new one, I go to eBay and buy someone's used pedal.
SDG

Steve, have you ever tried the "Bass Balls" stomp box?
Nope. I don't really have the money or know anyone to really experiment with these pedals. I'm kinda old fashioned when it comes to some things, meaning when I find something I like and get used to, I find it almost impossible to change. That's why I'm keeping my DOD collection fresh by buying used pedals on eBay. I heard mxr by Dunlop are killer, but have you seen the prices for those?
SDG

In 1991 I started recording it, although I was playing it outside of metal since the early 80s. I think early 1991 on Death Human the whole thing was recorded with the fretted Ric, and then later in the year I went in with Autopsy for Fiend For Blood and cut all the songs on the Frog (homemade Fender wannabe), and early 1992 used it on a few songs for Sadus A Vision OF Misery. Then of course in early 1993 I used it on all the songs for Death Individual Thought Patterns. I think that was the end of the Frog, as I had the new Carvin fretless for the next Sadus and the Dark Hall recordings. Along with those, a fretted Carvin and some fretted and fretless ESPs were mixed in on different following recordings throughout the years. And since early 2008 until now, I've have these 2 new Thors, and now pretty much everything is getting recorded on them. Nothing like'em - sound, feel and looks.
SDG

Can't wait for all of these recordings, Steve, especially for Memorain.
I have a question for you, if you don't mind: why do you use stereo flanger and chorus?
BTW, at least 5 of these pedals are discontinued, aren't they?
Thank you, and keep rocking!
Because they make my bass sound killer!!!
I use the mono outputs when they are in-line like in this picture. But sometimes for recording it's nice to split the signal to 2 different tracks to get that swirly effect of the stereo field.
As far as I know, all of these pedals and the entire DOD line has been discontinued for years. I have had most of these pedals since late 80s / early 90s.
You can hear plenty of effects on the new Memorain album for sure, we are in the process of mixing it now.
SDG

I could really use a fretless bass. I'm so poor right now that I have not even replaced by bass strings once, and they've started to rust. It still plays, but it doesn't sound good. And my bass is also falling apart. I tried making a demo with the bass, but I don't even have a decent amp, and I had horrible recording quality. I'll probably try to buy bass strings some time soon and get my bass back together, but a fretless bass would just be killer. But I'm not the bassist type. I'm a guitarist for sure. My drummer got a really good recording thing and I'm going to probably do the bass with my guitar amp instead, because it'll probably come out better. I need to find myself a bassist!

My drummer got a really good recording thing and I'm going to probably do the bass with my guitar amp instead, because it'll probably come out better. I need to find myself a bassist!
Well, I think many guys here can help you out. Even I can record some bass lines and send them to complete your demo thing.

Well, I think many guys here can help you out. Even I can record some bass lines and send them to complete your demo thing.

Ya, that would be great, except that most people would require some sort of pay, and even if someone were willing to do it for free, we're still too early in the process to send out anything. Although if you had Guitar Pro, I could probably send you the guitar pro file if you would want to do that kind of thing, hypothetically speaking.

yo hippie.is this the pedal board thing you were talking about in the other thread-SDG line of pedals?

No, I was actually thinking of making my own pedal. A custom one with some of my sounds preprogrammed and for sale with logo and everything. My buddy Mike had the idea to make a signature model effect pedal and market it. Those plans have been shelved for the time being. Everything that needs to be done well takes so much time, and I still have some killer unique musical ideas brewing that I really want to make real before all of my hair is white as Odin's himself!
SDG