2 andy.

azzxaa

Mar 18, 2007
hey andy! what do you say about letting us have some presets of some of your plugins you use :) what you use on vocals would be sweet!
even if you dont have the time to upload a pic, maybe you could tell the chain on the vox :)

And second do you produce demo bands you think are good?
or.........is it just big bands you produce.

thanks!

The plugin presets for vox would be amazing, since he uses just a SM58 and we can obtain it easily.
I don't know if he should post it here, otherwise soon we'll produce mixings with Andy's quality whitout leaving home. :heh:

The plugin presets for vox would be amazing, since he uses just a SM58 and we can obtain it easily.
I don't know if he should post it here, otherwise soon we'll produce mixings with Andy's quality whitout leaving home. :heh:

Yea, and we could just create a "Sneap-Template" in our DAW of choice and use it on EVERY mix. And it would always sound great!! And we would instantly be cool and famous and Andy wouldn't have a job anymore, because once we start doing this, we will all rule and the clients would come to us, cause we could offer productions for much less ... and they would still kick ass!

:lol:

Yea, and we could just create a "Sneap-Template" in our DAW of choice and use it on EVERY mix. And it would always sound great!! And we would instantly be cool and famous and Andy wouldn't have a job anymore, because once we start doing this, we will all rule and the clients would come to us, cause we could offer productions for much less ... and they would still kick ass!

:lol:
ha ha ha ha :lol: :headbang:

Sarcasm is my favorite.

hey andy! what do you say about letting us have some presets of some of your plugins you use :) what you use on vocals would be sweet!
even if you dont have the time to upload a pic, maybe you could tell the chain on the vox :)

Everyone seems soooo eager to get their hands on presets all the time, and I really don't understand why. Presets are merely settings, which are completely useless if you use them for anything else than the sound they were created for. If you want to use one of Andys vocal presets, you also need access to his whole signal chain INCLUDING the vocalist to make it work.

Same goes for Andys famous C4 settings. Some people seem to think it's some kind of magic. It's not. It's just a starting point, which you will have to TWEAK to make it work on your own sound. My guess is that it was made to illustrate how to use a multiband compressor on the guitars IN GENERAL, more than suggesting that "these specific settings will work for you".

The reason Andys mixes are so good is because he has the experience and knowledge about how to get from point "a" to point "b", soundwise. Of course his tools are great, but I'm pretty damn sure that no one in here could create a mix that sounded even remotely like Andys even if you got access to all his stuff (including "presets") for an unlimited amount of time.

Sorry for the rant. :)

I don't think Andy starts doing his vocal presets prom the beginning everytime an artist enters the studio, I think he should have a pattern, but since you are experts you should know more them me how these things works...

You say that the presets are useless, but I cut my dick if Andy post it here, and <90&#37; of the experts don't test it.

I don't think Andy starts doing his vocal presets prom the beginning everytime an artist enters the studio, I think he should have a pattern, but since you are experts you should know more them me how these things works...

You say that the presets are useless, but I cut my dick if Andy post it here, and <90% of the experts don't test it.

I'm pretty far from being an "expert", still I don't use presets. Since I know what I want to achieve, it's faster for me to tweak from scratch than it is to use an existing preset as a starting point.

It doesn't makes sense to me... let's take vocals as an example. I have the untouched recorded track, let's call it "X". I want it to sound like the idea I have in my head, let's call that one "Y". The fastest way for me to get from point X to point Y is to start from the unprocessed sound and tweak one parameter at a time until I get what I want. By using a preset ("Z" of course) I don't have a chance to go from point X to point Y in a straight line... I'm tweaking the sound of the preset instead of the original sound, and that's not a good thing in my opinion.

You've got a better chance of ending up with a mix sounding like one of Andy's if you wake up in the morning and drink 6-8 pints of Pedigree while listening to Wolf Hoffman solos, than you have using his presets.

I'm pretty far from being an "expert", still I don't use presets. Since I know what I want to achieve, it's faster for me to tweak from scratch than it is to use an existing preset as a starting point.

It doesn't makes sense to me... let's take vocals as an example. I have the untouched recorded track, let's call it "X". I want it to sound like the idea I have in my head, let's call that one "Y". The fastest way for me to get from point X to point Y is to start from the unprocessed sound and tweak one parameter at a time until I get what I want. By using a preset ("Z" of course) I don't have a chance to go from point X to point Y in a straight line... I'm tweaking the sound of the preset instead of the original sound, and that's not a good thing in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

I agree 100&#37; with Fredrik. Compressor presets can occationally turn out to be good starting points, but otherwise I personally find presets pretty much useless... especially eq presets. And I definately don't consider myself an expert either.

Anyways... this whole thread is a bit absurd.

SM7.

bit of this and a bit of that, usually sm7 , decent pre and a distressor going in. plug in wise they'll prob be sony oxford eq, waves ren comp and de esser in the chain and whatever effects lend themselves to the singer.

bit of this and a bit of that, usually sm7 , decent pre and a distressor going in. plug in wise they'll prob be sony oxford eq, waves ren comp and de esser in the chain and whatever effects lend themselves to the singer.
ren comp huh, didn't see that coming! (even though I use it myself) Do you tend to use the cranesong on vocals? I was listening to deliverance again today and man do those vocals ever sit well!