2 ORPHEUS songs online - (Ermz/ Plec)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
UPDATE: THE WEBSITE IS LIVE NOW!!!

Thanks to Ermin H and Plec for their EPIC work on this one. So please, if you're an Orpheus fan, or just want to hear AWESOME music + mix, check it out!

http://www.orpheusofficial.com

The songs are in 320Kps MP3... Should be enough for you guys ;)

Cheers,
Chris and Orpheus

Haha, yeah! I'd love to say sorry about the Hype etc... but really? Where would we be if we didn't hype it? We are damn proud of it! So hopefully all of you enjoy it too :)

OH!!! I know why the timer must look wrong!!! It's set to +10hours because of my time zone :p I should have considered that... what an idiot...

well 11 hours left ;)

Cheers dude! I appreciate that. Yeah I know what you mean. I do mention it heaps, but when I do it's with sincerity and conviction, so I guess sometimes that show of passion and honesty in the hyping is a good thing haha!

We should have a trailer vid up soon as well so that will be cool... and then from there I'll be shitting bricks until the launch haha!

Sounds great guys, both musically and production wise - however, I'm sorry to say I'm hearing some pretty serious pumping and level ducking going on, most apparent in the section starting around 3:38 in Winds of Change :erk: I'd guess it's the bass slamming the master bus comp too hard, but wtf do I know about mastering - either way, though, it's pretty prominent through that whole break (and elsewhere to a lesser extent of course), and overall it all just feels a bit too smashed IMO. But man alive is it full, and that snare hits so hard (and the bass and vocals sound fantastic), excellent job, I'm headbanging up a storm :headbang:

Cheers dude! Didn't notice any of the ducking myself to be honest :S so not sure really! Maybe the way that section plays out it's noticable on that part. Can't say I've noticed it anywhere else! Either way! Glad you liked it ;)

this sounds sooooooooooooo tits. I LOVE the drums. Gotta admit I'm not digging the GTRS...

sound quite dead and lifeless? is this impulses or real amp? the don't seem to be 'moving' and 'breathing' in an organic way...

nahh real amps, Mark IV... but we had a lot of issues with the raws which we didn't hear until we got them into Ermz Opals... so there's about 15 plugins on them just to get them where they are man :p in the end we were happy with AS LONG AS THEY'RE AUDIBLE lol! Luckily, between the Drums/ Bass/ Vocals, the mix carries itself, so we didn't sook too much about it :p

Unscathed has an amazing sound. Jesus, it sounds massive, so much mass. I'm digging it hardcore.

Sounds great guys, both musically and production wise - however, I'm sorry to say I'm hearing some pretty serious pumping and level ducking going on, most apparent in the section starting around 3:38 in Winds of Change :erk: I'd guess it's the bass slamming the master bus comp too hard, but wtf do I know about mastering - either way, though, it's pretty prominent through that whole break (and elsewhere to a lesser extent of course), and overall it all just feels a bit too smashed IMO. But man alive is it full, and that snare hits so hard (and the bass and vocals sound fantastic), excellent job, I'm headbanging up a storm :headbang:
Uhm, not really any master compression in play here, so you might be hearing something else. Maybe your room unless you're doing headphones. :Spin:

The plec SPEAKETH!!!! Plec, good job again dude! thanks!

@AllanD: Cheers dude! It's a pretty immense song! Can't wait to play it live. And, I can't wait for everyone to grab the album and hear the other songs, all killer no filler... At least that was the aim haha :p

This stuff is way more enjoyable when I'm not editing it :lol:.

Really digging the tunes, some proper melodeath, no holds barred! Not really into the mix, but everything sounds tight and clean at least!

Cheers Jeff! Yeah, I guess you could say 'proper' melodeath! We really are trying to make it interesting again and not derivative. So hopefully the album will help us stand out and start things for us on a great note :)

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the mix? I'm personally a mega fan of it haha! But seeing as we are on this forum for a reason :p??