2 - Scott Ian owned Guitars

Yeah guitars are so cheap now,I personally wouldn't buy an expensive guitar these days,I think cheaper guitars are just as good if not better,I have a dean explosion razorback which I bought and hardly ever played it,have 99 buck dean ml copy that I think just rules and is my main guitar,just put a good set of pickups in it,I can't justify spending big money on guitars these days.

Yeah guitars are so cheap now,I personally wouldn't buy an expensive guitar these days,I think cheaper guitars are just as good if not better,I have a dean explosion razorback which I bought and hardly ever played it,have 99 buck dean ml copy that I think just rules and is my main guitar,just put a good set of pickups in it,I can't justify spending big money on guitars these days.

Yes, but what you're talking about has nothing to do with my point. Mine aren't just ordinary guitars. They were once owned and played by Scott Ian.

I dunno I just never understood this concept. Guitars are good because of the craftsmanship, the quality of the materials used, the wood for the body, the wood for the neck and fretboard.

The concept of a guitar being worth more because some famous musician (Scott or anyone) played it once or owned it means nothing to me... if the guitar on its own is of the quality that is worth an inflated aftermarket price that's one thing. While I am a big Anthrax fan, and fan of other bands/musicians I've never been a fanboy to trhe extent to want to pay inflated prices because one of my favorite artists may have touched, signed or played something.

Maybe its just me.

I dunno I just never understood this concept. Guitars are good because of the craftsmanship, the quality of the materials used, the wood for the body, the wood for the neck and fretboard.

The concept of a guitar being worth more because some famous musician (Scott or anyone) played it once or owned it means nothing to me... if the guitar on its own is of the quality that is worth an inflated aftermarket price that's one thing. While I am a big Anthrax fan, and fan of other bands/musicians I've never been a fanboy to trhe extent to want to pay inflated prices because one of my favorite artists may have touched, signed or played something.

Maybe its just me.

Yeah, It's just you. I've enjoyed them for a short time, but am now ready to let them go. I just sold the one he played in the 'Metal by numbers' music video today for $1200.

Yeah, It's just you. I've enjoyed them for a short time, but am now ready to let them go. I just sold the one he played in the 'Metal by numbers' music video today for $1200.

Good points,prob doesn't help that there's so much endorsed guitars etc,we are spoilt for choice and it is indeed pretty cool that u have some guitars played by Ian,my prized possession is a Jackson ps1 signed by Dimebag,I played the hell outta it even after he signed it but it sits on a stand untouched now

It really is hard to sell high end guitars nowadays. I do own a Charvel Surfcaster custom owned by Louis Svitek (M.O.D.)... Cool and unique guitar with a history, but still hard to sell :(

It really is hard to sell high end guitars nowadays. I do own a Charvel Surfcaster custom owned by Louis Svitek (M.O.D.)... Cool and unique guitar with a history, but still hard to sell :(

Ok,, so how does Knaggs Guitars stay in business then? Joe Knaggs left PRS guitars a few years ago to start his own line. His base prices are around $3,000.

Because people who want the Knaggs pieces know they are getting a great guitar for the sake of getting a great guitar. Not paying top dollar for a average guitar just because of who may have plucked it once or twice. As for the bids. The high bidder may have bid more, but no one bid against them, so you'll never know...

Hate to sound morbid, but Id wait till Scott dies, those guitars will be worth a lot. I have a lot of Jerry Lewis memorable and original artwork and waiting for him to die.

Because people who want the Knaggs pieces know they are getting a great guitar for the sake of getting a great guitar. Not paying top dollar for a average guitar just because of who may have plucked it once or twice. As for the bids. The high bidder may have bid more, but no one bid against them, so you'll never know...

Whether they are top quality or average who cares. Mine were from Scott's personal guitar locker. One he toured with and the other was a home fuck around with guitar. They aren't ones that he "may have plucked once or twice"
It's not like i'm trying to get thousands of dollars for them. Just a little over a grand which I think is way reasonable as it is. I'm over it tho. :headbang:

I hate to say it, but you may be overestimating what a guitar previously owned by Scott Ian is worth.:lol:

I'd love to know the value of Dan Spitz, Black and Green Jackson guitar with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is worth. I think a serious buyer price would start at $20,000

I'd love to know the value of Dan Spitz, Black and Green Jackson guitar with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is worth. I think a serious buyer price would start at $20,000

I think he donated that one to a Hard Rock Cafe or something!

I would love the guitar scooterville but postage then import tax to the UK is a killer!