2002 European Bondage Tour.....

Angel Duster

New Metal Member
Apr 4, 2002
Indy
Visit site
Well, the guys in Angel Dust are almost half way through their '2002 European Bondage' tour (New CD release 'Of Human Bondage'). Has anyone had the chance to see them yet?? From what I have heard so far......they are getting a great response from their live performances. Not surprised. :headbang:

You know that I saw them today! Just got back from the gig.
I had a little chat with Ritchie and Dirk about how the tour is going so far and well, Spain and Italy must have been really great. That's not the first time I get to hear this from musicians btw. So it must be true ;)

Oh, and I'm not surprised about good responses as well....I know they are a great live band.
Actually I had a little anniversary today, it was my tenth AD gig :)

Happy Anniversary! I actually talked to Ritchie this morning. He said that he had talked to you and that you gave him my message. Thanks! I suppose he told you who I am, his wife. He was impressed that you were front row and knew all the words to the new cd. Had you seen his play live before? He rocks!

Yes, he told me who you are.
And yes, he rocks :) At times his screaming was louder than the whole band :D It was the second time I saw him play with Angel Dust actually, had already seen them playing together at a x-mas gig last year. (and I had seen him with Demons & Wizards before).

Oh, and another thing for those who might be interested to know.
Assy is not touring with AD. I didn't noticed until the second song that someone else was sitting behind the drums..... If I got it right it is Ritchie's buddy from Silencer....what's his name again?

Originally posted by Daniel/NEMESiS
but does anyone know why assy's not touring with them?

Dirk said because of his work.
I consider this to be a bit strange. Hasn't the lack of time for touring been the reason to leave the band in the first place? Now that he's back with Angel Dust I thought this had changed...but apparently this is not the case. Where's the point? :confused:

Yes, the touring drummer is Nick from Silencer. Ritchie just toured with them here in the US right before coming to Europe. Nick also played the AD shows at Christmas time. Why Assy isn't doing touring? I don't know.

Well, I talk to him almost everyday via cell phone. You can just tell him that we are anxiously awaiting his return home. Have an excellent time tomorrow night - I am totally jealous!!!!

Let me know how the show goes! Thanks!

Yeah, I already thought you're talking to him on a regular basis. It was just so funny last time when I had that "mysterious" message for him :D (and I didn't know who you are :) )

Well, now that you do know who I am would you really want to be my "personal messenger"? Me, neither (haha). Have a great time at the show and if you do get a chance to speak with him just let him know that he is "awesome". Thanks!

ahh......angelduster you are richies wife...I should have known when you said you were an insider.......sometimes it is hard to tell who is a man and who is a woman ha ha......well let me start the who is who since we all post here all the time.....my name is John I am also in the Fan Club......anyone else want to disclose??

Hi Sean & John! I guess my cover is blown. I must admit before Ritchie joined AD last year - I had never heard of them. As soon as Ritchie played me their CD....I knew he would fit perfect into AD. He has alot to offer an already well established metal band. I read reviews from fans and magazines just too see what everyone thinks of "the new guy". You both sound like very loyal AD fans. I know it was probably hard loosing Bernd as that was the person & sound you were used to BUT believe me....Ritchie will not disappoint you. He is amazing. If you have seen a live performance, I'm sure you would agree.

Hi at all! Long time ago since i was here...
Yes, he is a really nice guy - well i think i'll miss bernd ever at AD, but that's the way of life - everything changes...
And it's pretty to hear that they comprehend very well, in spite of all.
Greetings to Nick by that way, i didn't noticed too that wasn't Assy behind the drums last saturday, nothing against him or even his playing, but Nick did his job very well!! *Hi Nick!* ;)

I'm just back from the gig again. Damn, that was awesome! The audience was just great, so put this togther with AD and you get a kick ass concert. Too short though.

However, I think we had real good time there, didn't we, Daniel!?
(btw: only ten minutes after you left Dirk and Steven showed up as well....)

I think in another thread we forgot to mention that "Nightmare" was also part of the setlist...

This post might be a bit confused....I'm tired and I need to go to bed since I have to get up early :(

Yeah! this WAS awesome. =) AND GOD DAMN!!! I *K*N*E*W* they would appear just when i left... hmpf!!!

GRRRR! OK.. enough agression tonight. I'll calm down now. I think. I HOPE... Well. But I took my time to put up the photos I've done on the show. Watch them at my site (URL is in signature). So I'm listening to the album now and hope for the headliner event to come soon and be near me. Otherwise I'll have to wait for Wacken. Since Steven still ignores my emails.. well ok... i don't think he ignores them, but at least he obviously doesn't find the time to answer them. I got to get Ritchies eMail next time.

If you got any comments on the pictures or would like to publish some of your own on my site - no promlem just tell me. And if someone wants to have the rhapsody-pix, i'll mail them.

ah, i see what's about the signatures and avatars. it's stated in the announcements:
CHANGES TO UM.COM re: AVATARS, SIGNATURES, etc by Mark (04-16-2002 until 05-17-2002) Hi guys,

Due to escalating bandwidth costs, we are temporarily disabling AVATARS and SIGNATURES on all posts in an attempt to see if this will help lower our bandwidth for this month, otherwise we will be having to pay for an additional 60GB of bandwidth. We've also disabled the forumjump for now, to see how this affects the site.

I understand this may be frustrating for some, but in all honesty it's either doing this or taking more drastic measures...