2004: bands wish list

Ahes

Apr 29, 2003
Visit site
Who would you like to see next year then?
I know it's a "bit" early, but hell, why not?

Dimmu Borgir and My Dying Bride please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yell: :tickled:

The Devil Girls!!!! Now we're talking.....although I don't think they should be on stage parading about in front of this lot....maybe make it exclusive to the Rock Society members in the signing room after the signings have finished??!!!

Damn that sounds good!!!!

What about the old Hamburg pirates themselves - Running Wild ?

Failing that, Lost Horizon are at about the right level to maybe be second to top of the bill - with Priest headlining...

Anthrax played in Bristol recently, (I can't remember who was doing the "warm up") and that was a hell of a good night according to what I've heard...

Ahes, i know that FourWayKill supported Anthrax recently.. and they are at Bloodstock03,

they're very good

Trouble!

The re-formed Trouble are currently in the studio recording a seven-track acoustic EP. As yet untitled, this will feature reworkings of Trouble classics, and is only to be available via the official website, www.newtrouble.com. Trouble will record a full album, tentatively titled ‘seven’, later in the year.

Black Lagoon said:
It was an awesome night and it was indeed Fourwaykill supporting.
Yep, seen Four Way Kill a few times. AWESOME indeed!
I hope they'll get the crowd they deserve at Bloodstock!

Ahes said:
Yep, seen Four Way Kill a few times. AWESOME indeed!
I hope they'll get the crowd they deserve at Bloodstock!

I won't be checking them out at Bloodstock becuase their time clashes with Masterplan and with all due respect to FWK but they're not in Masterplan's league.

I will however be checking them out on the 27th in Bradford along with Mercury Rain and Power Quest. Also probably on the October Tour with Biomechanical and Infobia also.

My Dying Bride, Bal-Sagoth, Nevermore, King Diamond, Rage, Behemoth, Marduk, Kalmah, Cathedral, Sabbat, Opeth, Mortician, Sigh, Thyrane, Angra, Benediction, Anathema.

Oh and I may add, if big bands such as My Dying Bride, Dimmu Borgir or Mayhem (yes different styles) were booked aswell as the power metal, traditional metal and smaller extreme metal bands then you would get a whole new load of people coming (possibly from all over the world) to see them, sell out the venue easily and get closer to an outdoor festival!

Symphony said:
Sounds great....you can check out Sabine from Edenbridge on the new Power Quest album "Neverworld" out in November!
Sabine.... Mmmmm :) I guess my list would have to include Primal Fear, Rage (who will be supporting Helloween in October -- Yaaay!), Hammerfall, Lost Horizon, Borknagar, Lionsheart, Angel Dust, Tristania and Apocalyptica. But whatever the final bands chosen, based on the track record from the first 3 years, I have faith that Vince will put together another great lineup for '04...

Some very good suggestions coming in. Primal Fear would be excellent and I suppose there must be a possibility of maybe getting Sinner on the bill too as the both bands share some of the musicians. Edenbridge and obviously Hammerfall would be excellent as would Children Of Bodom and Sinergy. However the band I'd love to see come across is the mighty Evergrey.