2004: bands wish list

My suggestions would be Angel Dust, Brainstorm, Lost Horizon, Evergrey, Sonata Arctica and Symphony X of those who haven't played before. Would love too see Primal Fear and Blind Guardian again and of course Gamma Ray!!

My Dying Bride, Tristania, Sirenia, The Sins Of Thy Beloved (if they still exist), Bal Sagoth, Graveworm, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem, Borknagar

Oh and I may add, if big bands such as My Dying Bride, Dimmu Borgir or Mayhem (yes different styles) were booked aswell as the power metal, traditional metal and smaller extreme metal bands then you would get a whole new load of people coming (possibly from all over the world) to see them, sell out the venue easily and get closer to an outdoor festival!

Seconded. I actually think Bloodstock would be a great platform to bring some Gothic metal over to the UK. While there aren't a huge number of fans of Tristania and the like here, considering what a rarity a UK Tristania gig would be you'd be virtually guaranteed that all fans wopuld do their very best to be there!

Catharsis said:
My Dying Bride, Tristania, Sirenia, The Sins Of Thy Beloved (if they still exist), Bal Sagoth, Graveworm, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem, Borknagar

Seconded. I actually think Bloodstock would be a great platform to bring some Gothic metal over to the UK. While there aren't a huge number of fans of Tristania and the like here, considering what a rarity a UK Tristania gig would be you'd be virtually guaranteed that all fans wopuld do their very best to be there!

I totally agree there ! Tristania, Sins Of Thy Beloved along with Anathema would be awesome! Those + power metal and extreme metal bands would make a fantastic potion to a even more successful festival. As far as I know, there's no major Gothic Metal event in the UK and that's a shame...

Black Lagoon said:
1. Hammerfall deserve a second chance
2. Instead of a Judas Priest tribute act that aren't as good how about the real deal.
3. Edenbridge, who?????

Have to agree with you about Hammerfall, Lagoon. However, I think both Priest and Primal Fear would be fine!! Primal Fear were one of my highlights of 2001! As for Edenbridge...power metal with a great female vocal. They would be a worthy addition to the bill for 2004.

Anyway....I hope I see you at Bloodstock. If you see a long haired gentleman in a kilt brandishing a drinking horn I will be approximately three steps behind him pretending he has nothing to do with me!! (Three guesses who the man in the kilt is???!!)

dragonmaiden said:
Anyway....I hope I see you at Bloodstock. If you see a long haired gentleman in a kilt brandishing a drinking horn I will be approximately three steps behind him pretending he has nothing to do with me!! (Three guesses who the man in the kilt is???!!)

Yeah hopefully I'll bump into you at the Stock Dragonmaiden. You owe me a few slaps for slagging off your fav bands!
Look out for someone in shorts, with an AC/DC Back in Black footy shirt on, who is as bald as a babys arse. Feel free to say hello. :wave:

Black Lagoon said:
Yeah hopefully I'll bump into you at the Stock Dragonmaiden. You owe me a few slaps for slagging off your fav bands!
Look out for someone in shorts, with an AC/DC Back in Black footy shirt on, who is as bald as a babys arse. Feel free to say hello. :wave:

Yep...I seem to remember I need to give you a bit of abuse!! :lol:
I'll see you there! Anyway...will we not both be at the front for Saxon???

Evergrey would be cool yes. Dimmu Borgir would be a crowd puller, Gamma Ray could possibly headline...
Hows about Haggard? Great band that would appeal to many, need a mainstage spot though with all those members!

Now that Iced Earth have got a vocalist and their new album The Glorious Burden is finally ready to go, I'd absolutely LOVE to see them headlining next year's Bloodstock (or at least second-headlining).

I realise that Iced Earth's offstage existence has always been tragically characterised by crippling finances and personal disputes that have made touring difficult, but I desparately beg those lovely folk at Bloodstock to at least invite them. In my personal opinion, the only bands at this year's Bloodstock that come even close to Iced Earth's brilliance are Masterplan and Edguy. Also, the Judas Priest connection will hopefully increase public interest in the band which might help out their finances.

I might be out of the country travelling at the time though... :ill:

Also the Bloodstock website has already said HammerFall will be invited back next year, so fingers crossed and let's hope they'll accept the offer.