2004 Top 10 album list

katatonic_fear said:
Is that new 1349 any good? I've heard about it, but if it's a repeat of the last one than I don't want it.

Sorry for getting back to you late on this, dude. Actually, the production is alot better and it's alot more listenable. It has a much fuller sound to it and the songs are alot more memorable and catchier. It still has the same amount of agression and feel to it, though. Definately check out some MP3s before you fork out the cash for it.

No particular order:

Hypocrisy - The Arrival
Ill Disposed - 1-800 Vindication
Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Divine Empire - Nostradamus (pretty sure it was a 2004 release in Australia)
Deicide - Scars of the Crucifix
Motorhead - Inferno
My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness, Words of Light

Not 10; they are the only 8 new releases I managed to get my hands on this year. Tasmania sucks balls for getting metal music, and it costs me $40+ to get stuff over the 'net :hotjump:

MadTinus said:
I really gotta think hard but:

Album of the year: Blackfield - Blackfield

Other good/excellent albums:
- The Wounded - Atlantic (<= KATATONIA fans check it out! www.the-wounded.nl)
- Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
- After Forever - Invisible Circles
- Cradle Of Filth - Nymphetamine
- My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light
- Grip Inc. - Incorporated

Blackfield....how does it sound Tinus??

my list:

Decapitated <> The Negation
Malevolent Creation <> Warkult
Behemoth <> Demigod
Bloodbath <> Nightmares Made Flesh
Exodus <> Tempo of The Damned
Avec Tristesse <> How Innocence Dies (recommended, very good Brazilian Band - www.avectristesse.com)
Darkthrone <> Sardonic Wrath
Suffocation <> Souls To Deny
Vomitory <> Primal Massacre
My Dying Bride <> Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light

1. Abandon - In Reality We Suffer
2. Cult Of Luna - Salvation
3. Isis - Panopticon
4. Neurosis - The Eye Of Every Storm
5. Shape of Despair - Illusion's Play
6. The Haunted - rEVOLVEr
7. After Forever - Invisible Circles
8. Callisto - True Nature Unfolds
9. My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness, Words of Light
10. Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh

So... and Abandon owns :headbang: .

discouraged1 said:
cheerz mate for the list!

the two of us have a lot in common ;)

(shite, this one sounded too gay hahaha)

Brilliant minds think alike I say :) I just love masturbating my ego you know. Have you heard Switchblade from Sweden btw? Yet another Swedish entry into the Mogwai/Isis world of instrumental melancholy.

paatos - kallocain

blackfield - blackfield
pain of salvation - be
sonata arctica - reckoning night
bloodbath - r t c

on the whole, there were some really good albums this year, beside the ones mentioned above i could call some others...

really overwhelming was the paatos release... i love it...

but in this year my sense and taste of music changed anyway...

shark said:
paatos - kallocain

blackfield - blackfield
pain of salvation - be
sonata arctica - reckoning night
bloodbath - r t c

on the whole, there were some really good albums this year, beside the ones mentioned above i could call some others...

really overwhelming was the paatos release... i love it...

but in this year my sense and taste of music changed anyway...
Paatos, Blackfield and Bloodbath are among the best albums I bought this years. I haven't bought many albums actually but I have to agree that among the ones released this year these are really amazing!

I know that this is a 2005 release but it should be mentioned....Aeon Spoke is the shit....former members of Cynic.....Pual wrote it while doing music therapy for the dying and you can definately tell in the music....very mellow.

Deliverance6 said:
I know that this is a 2005 release but it should be mentioned....Aeon Spoke is the shit....former members of Cynic.....Pual wrote it while doing music therapy for the dying and you can definately tell in the music....very mellow.

As I posted on this thread a little while ago, I was really amazed by Aeon Spoke. I even thought of editing my 2004 list to include it. But after repeated listens, I found that the lyrics are a bit too rehashed and predictable for me. And the real disappointment came with the codas of each song; they are nearly all identical!!! By saying this I mean that each song ends with a repeated vocal phrase of the chorus and a gentle pianissimo of the motif. This is not to say that I don't enjoy it. The music is very warm and organic. If it were tweaked just a tad more.....

Riverside, Paatos, Blackfield, Flower Kings, The Tangent, IQ, The Amber Light, Archive ,Ayreon, Björk, Proto~Kaw, and all the great albums I forgot;

Uh, I just remember a storm called Raunchy...

Next year will be ruled by Porcupine Tree and hopefully Katatonia and as far as I'm concerned Primordial...