2005 Tour...

Wolftribe said:
fucking atrocious... even worse then figure number five

I second this...well, put it this way - if you liked Figure No. 5, you will cream in your pants over Stabbing the Drama. However, if you loved the first 3 albums (like me), it's simply another step in an extremely talented band's slow journey towards mainstream In Flames-ness. :(

I'm probably late on this, but. Their site was just updated and apparently, they're close to having a new record label, and they're rehearsing for the new album as we speak. The best part is that a tour of the US will be this summer.

Yays.

haggard said:
I second this...well, put it this way - if you liked Figure No. 5, you will cream in your pants over Stabbing the Drama. However, if you loved the first 3 albums (like me), it's simply another step in an extremely talented band's slow journey towards mainstream In Flames-ness. :(

That band is done for...I'd say "Figure number five" is more "mainstream" sounding than "Stabbing the drama," but it dosen't make it any inferior. I thought that band honestly couldn't get any worse than that album...then this giddy-hot topic Chimaira fest called "stabbing the drama" comes out. I mean...I respect them for doing what they want, but playing that sorta thing is totally selling out imo. They started to change with natural born chaos because wichers thought "America likes that style of music more"...they indeed spawned all those metalcore bands with the Natural born chaos album. It's pretty sad that bands like killswitch engage, god forbid, avenged sevenfold are better than Soilwork now, beating them at their own game, because back in the day Soilwork's amazing records made me hate those bands with a passion.

Dreadful said:
they indeed spawned all those metalcore bands with the Natural born chaos album. It's pretty sad that bands like killswitch engage, god forbid, avenged sevenfold are better than Soilwork now, beating them at their own game, because back in the day Soilwork's amazing records made me hate those bands with a passion.

You know, there are 3 or 4 riffs from Killswitch's "Alive or Just Breathing" album that are DIRECTLY ripped off from songs from A Predator's Portrait and The Chainheart Machine. And I mean it's fucking obvious - just listen to the verse to Killswitch's "Fixation on the Darkness" and compare it with the verse on Soilwork's "Final Fatal Force". HAY KILLSWITCH D00Ds! It's the same fucking thing!

I wouldn't say that these American metalcore bands are better than soilwork, though - Soilwork has still retained a distinctly European feel, especially in their solos....which are unfortunately rarer and less kick ass. I'm going to see them in April (with Dark Tranquility, Hypocrisy, and Mnemic), and I'm looking forward to a good show. Their guitarists can nail their shit live. It's a fucking shame I didn't catch them when they had Henry Ranta on drums, though...

Sorry for the thread derail!

Alright.. now that we know there is a US tour... where are they touring... I live on the west coast... so I am hoping they come close by.. maybe to L.A. or something....

So.. it isn't really known where they'll be playing.. they should come to The House of Blues.. they played their before.....hmmm