2006 CDs and shows - your favorites?

Yngvai X said:
He hasn't played with Jens or Anders since like 89 or something.

And Doogie has terrible stage presence, not to mention he is no Jeff Scott Soto or Mats Leven (two of my favorite Yngwie singers).

And I don't wanna see Yngwie with a piss poor lineup. He isn't the only one on stage, it helps if his band is tight (actually makes him sound better). He needs to stop playing so much new shit in his setlist too. Last time I saw him most of the setlist was from Attack.
I would've gone to see him in December when he passed through New York, but I had to sit shiva for my grandpa. And I had the tickets also, but I sold 'em to my friend, since I knew I couldn't go.
But exactly how much new stuff does he pack into his setlist exacty? Because that could help me decide if it was even worth buying the tickets in the first place. But aa long as he played I'll See The Light Tonight, I would've been happy.

Jax said:
Enquiring minds wanna know.. :)

I'll give you ONE guess. :p

also:

Lordi - The Arockalypse
Edguy - Rocket Ride is just amazing!
Evergrey - MMA
Queensryche - O:M II
Devin Townsend - Synchestra
and the new DragonForce is growing on me.

And looking forward to the new:

Blind Guardian
Weird Al Yankovic
Circus Maximus

And hopefully a new Symphony X someday. :erk:

Ptah Khnemu said:
I would've gone to see him in December when he passed through New York, but I had to sit shiva for my grandpa. And I had the tickets also, but I sold 'em to my friend, since I knew I couldn't go.
But exactly how much new stuff does he pack into his setlist exacty? Because that could help me decide if it was even worth buying the tickets in the first place. But aa long as he played I'll See The Light Tonight, I would've been happy.

When I saw him in Philadelphia on Nov. 29th the setlist was...

Rising Force
Locked and Loaded
Star Spangled Banner
Revolution
Adagio
Far Beyond the Sun
Demon Driver
Dreaming
Masquerade
Baroque and Roll
Rise Up
Exile
Never Die
Trilogy Suite/Krakatau/Red House
Fugue
You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget
Black Star
I'll See the Light Tonight

So only three songs from the new album. He played more from the new album when I saw him in Allentown in May, but I thought the show in Philadelphia was better.

Shows:

1. David Gilmour - 4/19/2006, Kodak Theatre
2. DT - 3/9/2006, The Grove of Anaheim
3. Queen + Paul Rodgers - 4/1/2006, Cox Arena, SDSU

That Gilmour show was definitely in my top two or three; simply amazing...why won't those guys sack up and do one last Floyd tour?

CDs:

Vanden Plas - Christ 0
Tool - 10,000 Days

Anticipating:
SymX
Wuthering Heights
Redemption
Blind Guardian
Dream Theater DVD

Also, really looking forward to the Kamelot/Epica show in October. And, can't forget that Mariah Carey concert my girlfriend is dragging me to in Vegas come September :headbang:

This year's releases:

Blind Guardian--Fly (single)
Andrea Bocelli--Amore/Amor (I like me some "classical" ;) )
Donald Fagen (of Steely Dan)--Morph the Cat (my classic rock side... ;) )
OSI--Free

Most of what I bought was at lesat 2005 or older, this year.

Let down by:

Tool--10,000 Days

Most anticipated:

Blind Guardian--A Twist in the Myth
Coldseed--Completion Makes the Tragedy
Orphaned Land--ORwarriOR
Radiohead--?? (shut up! I'm interested mainly to see if they recover from their slump or curl up and die)
Samael-- ?? (hoping it's in the same vein as Reign of Light)
Symphony X-- ??

Krakatau said:
When I saw him in Philadelphia on Nov. 29th the setlist was...

Rising Force
Locked and Loaded
Star Spangled Banner
Revolution
Adagio
Far Beyond the Sun
Demon Driver
Dreaming
Masquerade
Baroque and Roll
Rise Up
Exile
Never Die
Trilogy Suite/Krakatau/Red House
Fugue
You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget
Black Star
I'll See the Light Tonight

So only three songs from the new album. He played more from the new album when I saw him in Allentown in May, but I thought the show in Philadelphia was better.

that is pretty similar to what he did at mine if not it is identical. I should have made a list on a paper. But i was right up front. I even got to yank on his whammy bar when he stuck his guitar out. Just so much energy. It was at a pretty small club (well, small for yngwie standards) and he had the marshall wall on. My ears were ringing for 2/12 days after it.

lol, actually last time he was here he was supposed to play at sound advice ampitheater which is huge (ozzfest even gets held there, although ozzfest is a fucking joke). But a god damn hurricane came though.

Both places I saw him at only had the capacity to fit about 300 people, but it's not bad because it's the same size venues Vai and DragonForce played.

The best releases I've heard this year so far would be:

Communic - Waves of Visual Decay
Persuader - When Eden Burns
Rage - Speak of the Dead
Ensiferum - Dragonheads
Dark Empire - Distant Tides

As for shows, I'm hoping that Agalloch will make it to my neck of the woods.

I actually dont mind her as much as the rap guys.

One thing she did that i thought was pretty cool is, she designed a dimebag tribute guitar. Well its paint job anyways. But still, pretty cool.

http://www.actionartsagency.com/sixstring1.html

here is kelly clarkson's
kelly.jpg

lol yea, mansons was the fucking worst.

I just think its kinda cool that she even did one. I couldn't see brittney spears or somebody like that doing it.

this one is my favorite
bobt.gif