2006 CDs and shows - your favorites?

Best albums so far:
Beyond Twilight - For The Love of Art and The Making

(if you dont have this, I'll give you 24 hours to get it or I'm coming over there)

Anticipated CDs/DVDs:
Symphony X
Kamelot DVD
Dream Theater - Score DVD
Gigantour DVD

(yeah I know you said CDs, I'm just a rebel)

Favorites....

Communic
Wastefall
Karcius
Hammers of Misfortune
The Deserts of Traun

Looking forward to getting the Beyond Twilight cd....

Havent got many new cds, but Marzi Nyman's 2006 cd was good. Grate musician from finland (main instrument: guitar). Check it, if you can find it somewhere.

Top 10 so far

Beyond Twilight-For Love and the art of the Making
Devin Townsend-Synchestra
Scar Symmetry-Pitch Black Progress
Raunchy-Death Pop Romance
Toto-Falling In Between
Pyramaze-Legend of the Bone Carver
Sphere of Souls-From the Ashes
Andromeda-Chimera
Wastefall-Self Exile
Peeping Tom-s/t

looking forward to

SYL
Pain of Salvation
Mercenary
SyX
Planet X
new Van Halen.....:lol:

RobbM said:
Ehh, Doogie is OK, but Yngwie was at his best when he was playing with the Johannsen (sp?) brothers..

He hasn't played with Jens or Anders since like 89 or something.

And Doogie has terrible stage presence, not to mention he is no Jeff Scott Soto or Mats Leven (two of my favorite Yngwie singers).

And I don't wanna see Yngwie with a piss poor lineup. He isn't the only one on stage, it helps if his band is tight (actually makes him sound better). He needs to stop playing so much new shit in his setlist too. Last time I saw him most of the setlist was from Attack.

are you sure? I swear Jens was on the keys when I saw him for the WTEOW tour...

EDIT it was Mats Olausson, almost as good..:)

but it was Patrick Johansson on drums, which is where I got confused, to many fuckin Johansson's..:(

I saw Yngwie in Philadelphia and Allentown on the Unleash the Fury tour.Derek Sherinian ways playing keys at the Allentown gig. And Patrick Johansson kicks ass. But yeah, the current line up has nothing on the 80s line ups. The Marching Out era line up was the best IMO.