2008 Presidential Candidates

No that's the kind of attitude that gives Americans bad reputations around the world. I've done lots of travelling and Americans are pretty much held in disdain by the many, many cultures and many, many fellow travellers, because they have little to no awareness or sensitivity to other cultures and expect things to be done the way they are in the US.

This attitude problem is part of a larger issue which shapes your foreign policy (cultural and economic imperialism) and it's this imposition that breeds resentment and fuels things like anti-American terrorism.

So, you're saying that if I go to another country I should learn the language, but if a Mexican or a German comes to my country and wants to live here for an extended period of time (say, 5 years or more), I should have to learn Spanish or German but they shouldn't have to learn English?

Doesn't work that way, pal. If I was to live in another country for a while, I would attempt to learn the language, which is the minimum requirement for citizenship in France and Germany. Switzerland expects a potential citizen to be fluent in at least two languages.

I did read your post about speaking a "little" spanish. I speak it fluently pretty much. But those immigrants speak a "little" english. So your even. Also your "which you obviously didn't" comment was false. I just ignored what you said because you don't speak it fluently yet want others to. :Smug:

I'm not from Mexico nor do I live there. Why the fuck should I be fluent in their language (unless I choose to be?)

Uh, they learn it because they're forced to in primary school. In case you don't know, primary school = elementary school in America. Thus, these are children that are being taught English, not adults who learn it in their career; they get a much earlier start on it which means it's easier to learn.

That is noble to say but the truth of the matter is it's not true. Children in those schools as here do not take languages seriously in school. Case in point. In Costa Rica english is "mandatory" or a "requirement" in school yet my nephews barely speak it. But people i know in CR in the tourist industries or related industries do speak english fluently and they didn't learn in school.

Another example. I have internet friends in Italy, Russia, China, Thailand etc. All learned english on their own or in their current careers. None learned in their school systems where it was a requirement/mandatory. And these are just some examples. But like I said I have more experience with Americans in Costa Rica then in other countries. CR's have to learn english to accomodate the americans living there who do not put the effort to learn spanish and believe me they resent americans for that as well as for everything Challenge_everything has already said. I see it and hear it from people in CR and other countries.

Well no one cares about Costa Rica
<(o_o<) (>o_o)> ^(o_o^) (^o_o)^ (^o_o)> <(o_o^) (>^_(>o_O)> Q(o_oQ)

I'm not from Mexico nor do I live there. Why the fuck should I be fluent in their language (unless I choose to be?)
I guess you are not getting the point. The point being it should be a individual choice and not be forced upon. After all this is a country that our fearless and illustrious leader President Bush preaches about Freedom of Choice to the world :lol:

The difference though is Costa Rica is inherently crap; whereas the U.S. has only been rated as "crappy" within the last 40 years :lol:

Also, I demand to be your running mate Cookie. Those who disagree with our policies can eat red fist
Aaarrrghhh.gif

I call Press Secretary!

"President Cookiecutter never had any relations with that man."

The difference though is Costa Rica is inherently crap; whereas the U.S. has only been rated as "crappy" within the last 40 years :lol:
We'll considering Costa Rica has a literacy rate of 96%, no need for a military so none exists, is considered the Switzerland of Latin America, has no problems that affects it with another country, has very little health care problems etc. I would hardly call CR crap except for it's currency which is due to it's dependence on the U.S. dollar which I predict will change in the near future and will rely more on the Euro... but anyways that is not the point. Point is CR doesn't force/require anyone to learn spanish nor impose it's culture or ways on anyone in this world... but Challenge_everything said it best.. so read his post..

We'll considering Costa Rica has a literacy rate of 96%, no need for a military so none exists, is considered the Switzerland of Latin America, has no problems that affects it with another country, has very little health care problems etc. I would hardly call CR crap except for it's currency which is due to it's dependence on the U.S. dollar which I predict will change in the near future and will rely more on the Euro... but anyways that is not the point. Point is CR doesn't force/require anyone to learn spanish nor impose it's culture or ways on anyone in this world... but Challenge_everything said it best.. so read his post..

Let me make my reasoning known for why I said that: I was trying to be a dick (because I'm an evil American). You can basically ignore that post of mine :lol:

I guess you are not getting the point. The point being it should be a individual choice and not be forced upon. After all this is a country that our fearless and illustrious leader President Bush preaches about Freedom of Choice to the world :lol:

This comment is just fucking stupid. You're contradicting yourself. You can't have people speaking 30 different languages in one country with no common language between all of them. Nothing will get done if that's the case. If you're speaking your first language with family and friends, fine, but if you're voicing issues in the government or you want a fucking cheeseburger from McDonald's, speak some fucking English (even if it's strictly on the conversational level).

I guess the only opinion of yours I'll value is anything related to investments (and we still disagree on that).

Why the fuck did I get Mike Gravel?

Gravel, Biden, Kucinich.

Pragmatically, I would vote for either Clinton or Obama, but neither of them (nor anyone else) has really cemented their stances on several key issues, as is typical A YEAR FROM ELECTION TIME WHAT THE FUCK. Ideologically, I would vote for Pocket Master.