2012 Prog, Power, or Symphonic Metal

Batguy21784

Feb 8, 2009
Hey, anyone know of good Prog Metal, Power Metal, or Symphonic Metal bands releasing something new in 2012?

Offhand, I know that Epica is releasing their fifth album, Requiem for the Indifferent, in March. Huge Epica fan here, especially after Design Your Universe.

Reinxeed will release their fifth album around March/April, titled "Welcome To The Theater" if I remember correctly. Also, Freedom Call's new album "Land Of The Crimson Dawn" will be available on 02-24-2012 in Germany and on 02-28-2012 in the USA.

I've actually been looking into this a few weeks ago and for the following I couldn't find anything solid, but I know that the these bands are all working on a new album, so maybe we'll hear from them in 2012:

Symphonic metal
- Symphonity
- Qantice
- Soulspell

Power metal
- Seventh Avenue
- Dragonforce (let's stay optimistic, right?;))

Progressive metal
- Silent Lapse

Hope this helps...

Qantice is making a new album? Soundtrack-inspired metal? Sweet.
Soulspell is making a new album? A festival of the great? Sweet.
Sinbreed is making a new album? See below for further details. Sweet
Seventh Avenue is making a new album? See above for further details. Sweet.

Thank you for the lovely news :D

Also...I actually downloaded Silent Lapse's first album since they were giving it away on their site but it never really grew on me.

Been thinking that Sinbreed needed a new album out. But I haven't seen anything on their facebook about it.

Anyone know any details about a new Sinbreed album? I haven't been able to find anything on it, but that would awesome if it's true. When Worlds Collide is one of my favorite albums. :)

Really, really looking forward to the upcoming Delain album, We Are The Others. Their last album, April Rain, is my favorite symphonic metal release that doesn't come from Leaves' Eyes (my favorite band next to Theocracy).

I'm not sure if it will be out in 2012 or not, but Harmony is working on a new album.

I'm interesting in the upcoming Epica album too. I don't consider myself a fan, but Design Your Universe had enough cool things on it for me to gain a respect for the band. Requiem For The Indifferent should prove interesting, if nothing else.

Anyone know any details about a new Sinbreed album? I haven't been able to find anything on it, but that would awesome if it's true.

Yea, this one is kinda built on unstable foundations. I read in an old Twitter message from Sinbreed that they "started recording for Sinbreed #2", but it wasn't more than that. I find it rather puzzling that a band with such a succesful debut album all of a sudden would go all quiet to the public; their forum is deserted, their website shows zero progress, etc. However, they seem to be alive and kicking, since they've been doing shows lately. I really hope they throw their fans a bone in the near future, they'd get me pretty exited about it.;)

I looked up that Twitter post. It's weird because it's dated June 10, 2010 and according to Amazon, When Worlds Collide was release on March 26, 2010. Not sure what to make of it - maybe it was something that didn't get off the ground. Otherwise, isn't it likely we would have been hearing something else since?

But yeah, the fact that they're finally playing live is really encouraging. So I'm hopeful we'll see second album at some point. :)

I hate to dash your hopes :erk:, but better to set correct expectations now: Ulterium does *not* have a new Sinbreed album on the 2012 planned releases list.

Ah, didn't see that one coming, but I'm at least glad that there's finally some clarity about them. *Removes Sinbreed from the list, a tear in one eye*:p

Some time ago, Flo Laurin of Sinbreed said in his FB page that a new Sinbreed album is on the making.. He could mean "writing songs" probably, so they must be up to something.

Just found some confirmation that Sacrecy will release a new album this year as well.

By the way, isn't Harmony busy crafting new music too? I couldn't find anything on their official website (since it is down, apparently) but I recall hearing somewhere that they were up to something. Anybody got any updates on them?

Just found some confirmation that Sacrecy will release a new album this year as well.
Yeah that's great news ! I loved their first one !
Same for harmony :D

I hope Majectic Vanguard will also put a new album out :)

JBy the way, isn't Harmony busy crafting new music too? I couldn't find anything on their official website (since it is down, apparently) but I recall hearing somewhere that they were up to something. Anybody got any updates on them?

They said on their Facebook that they were starting work on a new album last November. Haven't seen anything since then though.

They said they had begun to work on the writing, so we shouldn't expect else anything too soon.

Ulterium does not have a new Harmony album on the 2012 planned releases list. Bear in mind, all the guys in the band are in both Harmony and Darkwater, so I'd expect them to have a slower release schedule than most bands would.