2012 Prog, Power, or Symphonic Metal

Sabaton comes out with their new album next week. Carolus Rex covers the history of the Swedish Empire and they are releasing it in both English and Swedish. If you're not into Sabaton, it's time to check them out. These guys have really rocketed up the power metal hierarchy in the last few years, for good reason. They are quickly becoming one of the best bands out there. They put an on incredible live show (I just saw them last night in St. Paul). Here's the single Carolus Rex from the new album (the song is about King Charles XII of Swedish aka Carolus Rex in Latin):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZMY-YXLa38"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZMY-YXLa38[/ame]

That chorus is killing me!

I just bought the Teramaze CD from Lance King a few nights ago. I'll be giving it its inaugural spin today! I hope it's as good as that one song.

Just finished up listening to the last song from 'A mind's Chronicle'.

OMG! I think I have a new band in my top 10!

Infinita Symphonia FTW!

Delain's We Are the Others will be ought in the U.S. on July 3rd, one week from today. Really excited about that.

Not sure which I'm more eager for though, that or THIS

Live Naiad, Underneath, and Still of the Night, baby! THANK YOU TARJA!!!!!

I wonder how Antreroom of Death will hold up live though.

I just discovered this band today and WOW am I glad I did! Australian prog metal band Teramaze just released their fourth album Anhedonia. Check out the title track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZ8bXhWWos

Nightmare Records is their North American distributor. I've been pounding repeat on this song all day!

I have their albums "Doxology", which is thrash metal, and "Tears to dust", a very good melodic metal album with progressive elements I bought in the late 90s.
I love their melodic approach much more than the thrash. It seems their new album is a mix of both. In the clips from that album I find things I really like, but also things I don't.

I write for a site dedicated entirely to the purpose of keeping people updated on the latest melodic metal (Which encompasses the three subgenres you just mentioned) as well as doing extensive reviews of the discographies of more famous bands.
www.blackwindmetal.com
We had the first review of Theocracies' newest album on the web, and someone just posted the interview I did with Matt in another thread. As far as what I'VE enjoyed this year, for progressive rock/metal, the new Adramelch was fantastic, I quite enjoyed the new Suspyre, though apparently I'm in the minority there, the OSI was excellent, as was Status Minor. Mirrormaze released a great album, and if you're into progressive thrash I have a review of Teramaze's newest album that should be up within the next week or so. Lord of Mushrooms released a pretty cool album of progressive metal with Gus Monsanto on vocals, I enjoyed that.
Read the site, you won't be disappointed.

Suspyre blew me away the first time I heard them. I need to take a deeper look into their material.

DOUBLE POST: I finally got Infinita Symphonia's album. I'm in love.

Crikey. Should I get it too? Compare the rest of the songs to the one I posted D:

Also, looking forward to Tourniquet's new album, I've seen the cover, pretty grim, but the topic isn't what I expected.

Crikey. Should I get it too? Compare the rest of the songs to the one I posted D:

They're all solid and remarkably memorable tunes. I highly recommend the album. Fantastic find on your part.

I spoke to the band and they mentioned that they're working on new material. :D

Can you ask them what are their views on religion and faith? I never read the lyrics but if they can be so easily contacted it wouldn't hurt.

Gonna get it!