2012 Prog, Power, or Symphonic Metal

Seventh Avenue has a new album? I'm having trouble finding any dates. Does anyone have a link?
I don't have Facebook so that may be my problem.

Since Enceladus has been mentioned, we'd be remiss if we didn't also mention new Scottish power metal band Ascension (both bands are in the Dragonforce mold).

Here's the video for Somewhere Back In Time from their upcoming 2012 debut album Far Beyond The Stars:

Good stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
...we'd be remiss if we didn't also mention new Scottish power metal band Ascension...
Good stuff!

THANK YOU SEASTORM!!!

This is brilliant, quality frantic metal!!
So much to love, and that bass - I've never heard anything quite like it before!!
AND was that an Ibanez Gem in there too?!?

WOW!!!

Happy Aish!...

THANK YOU SEASTORM!!!

This is brilliant, quality frantic metal!!
So much to love, and that bass - I've never heard anything quite like it before!!
AND was that an Ibanez Gem in there too?!?

WOW!!!

Haha, you're welcome! Warning: shameless promotion ahead...

If you were following my "new power/prog/symphonic music service" at facebook.com/ppsmetal & twitter.com/ppsmetal, you would have known about them 5 weeks ago! :D [The PPS Metal Facebook page now features graphics by M@RS!]

Well yes, but I'm not on facebook.

I have been thinking of signing up, mainly to say hi to an old friend,
but I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it...

So there's a 5 week delay between PPS Metal Facebook and Theocracy's Ultimate Metal Forum?

Well yes, but I'm not on facebook.

I have been thinking of signing up, mainly to say hi to an old friend,
but I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it...

So there's a 5 week delay between PPS Metal Facebook and Theocracy's Ultimate Metal Forum?

Honestly, if you're not into the whole Facebook scene, and you're just looking to follow interest-based info, then try Twitter instead. Facebook is great for two-way connections between friends. Twitter is great for one-way following of people/accounts that post information you care about (like our genres of metal). Also, you can check anyone's Twitter page without a Twitter account, which is not the case for Facebook - you pretty much need to be a member.

I post new stuff every single day on my PPS Metal pages, but I'm sure most people don't want me to flood the forum with them, so I only post something here if it seems particular relevant, like Ascension did :Spin:

Dragon Force just released a new album, The Power Within. I'm not a big fan, but it ain't bad and it qualifies as new 2012 power metal.

The one I'm really looking forward to is Diablo Swing Orchestra's 3rd album, Pandora's Piñata, due next month. I'm not sure how to classify this band. You'll either love or hate 'em, there really isn't a middle ground.

A Youtube commenter describes DSO as "Bizzaro World Nightwish" and that's as fit a description as any.

Diablo Swing Orchestra, Vodka Inferno

I don't know guys, but this band wants to be listened to by you guys, not sure if they're coming out with an album this year but it's well worth mentioning
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7NnEqS8I9U&feature=g-vrec&context=G213be58RVAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

I just discovered this band today and WOW am I glad I did! Australian prog metal band Teramaze just released their fourth album Anhedonia. Check out the title track:

Nightmare Records is their North American distributor. I've been pounding repeat on this song all day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh, they're more thrash metal than anything else. I personally don't think they'd fit.