2016 Presidential Election

his cabinet members are more hardass than him. he'll bend to them

Aside from the one Goldman Sachs guy I don't think his picks are that far out of line from what he promised. Many of his candidates lack direct experience in politics, and have political views outside of the American norm. CEO doesn't automatically mean "the swamp", this is Trump, not Sanders.

this man knows money. he made a fortune making good deals, the best deals. and now he will be negotiating for us, the american people. and let me tell you folks, he's gonna be terrific, believe me.

Randomly came across an old law and order Nixon election commercial, made me think of the current situation in the U.S. and how Trump will sail into a second term based on the same kind of rhetoric.

Randomly came across an old law and order Nixon election commercial, made me think of the current situation in the U.S. and how Trump will sail into a second term based on the same kind of rhetoric.

I don’t really see that. Polls show most Americans trust Biden more on this issue than Trump, which makes sense since Biden is at least able to make the obvious statement to condemn violence on all sides. Biden also wants to give the police more funding and has a far right record on law enforcement. Trump is fuel on fire and most people know that.

Trump’s best bet is to take the Hillary Clinton route and attack Biden on trade, the wars, the economy, his globalism, and his corruption. He had a few lines on this angle during the RNC speech, but he hasn’t stuck to that. If he sticks to the Biden is a gateway to ANTIFA argument he will probably lose because it’s just so far fetched. Heck, even though Kamala plays a wokester on TV she’s actually pretty far right on crime as well. This is an attack angle designed for going up against Bernie Sanders. No idea why he’s harping on it vs. Biden/Harris.

edit: found poll specifically looking at swing states. When it comes to policing and who people prefer, the breakdown is:
North Carolina: Trump +1
Wisconsin: Biden +5
Arizona: Biden +5

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/514895-fox-news-poll-finds-biden-ahead-of-trump-in-three-battleground-states?amp

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Haha asking literally because I will only see campaign ads if I look them up, being in Australia and all.

I actually did know about Biden's distancing himself from rioting though funnily enough, and I don't think (should have clarified in my original comment) that Trump can defeat Biden specifically by calling out riots, but if he launches a strong law and order ad campaign amidst these bad optics he could sail into a victory.

However if he's already done that and then those stats you shared happened I guess I am completely wrong.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
And if you haven’t seen Kamala before she became a wokester, here’s her advocating for police funding over school funding.

And here’s Kamala laughing about prosecuting parents whose kids have too many absences from school.

I think this Democratic ticket is terrible and loaded with weaknesses, but Trump seems determined to attack them with a tough on crime message that makes no sense.

Reactions: CiG
I knew about these. :thumbsup:

Honestly the fact Trump's opponents have all been so terrible for different reasons and Biden is still trusted more via several different metrics is a testament to just how abysmally he handled the COVID situation more than any other single issue. Yes plenty of people dislike him, but COVID definitely seems to be the ironclad nail in the coffin of a surefire re-election (which I would have guessed he had before this).

I knew about these. :thumbsup:

Honestly the fact Trump's opponents have all been so terrible for different reasons and Biden is still trusted more via several different metrics is a testament to just how abysmally he handled the COVID situation more than any other single issue. Yes plenty of people dislike him, but COVID definitely seems to be the ironclad nail in the coffin of a surefire re-election (which I would have guessed he had before this).

I pretty much agree. The fact that it’s still even in play shows how terrible the Biden campaign is. Seriously, what would they even do if Biden wins? I have no idea. It’s blatant “hey, at least I’m not him” campaign I’ve ever seen.

However, Trump screwed himself by not taking COVID seriously and diving into right wing rabbit holes like the mask debate where he was on the wrong side with majority of Americans. He failed to consider that this would push a lot of older voters who just want to survive this crisis away from him. He was also dumb and listened to the libertarians and corpratists in his party instead of taking the populist route. Even if he had gotten a UBI passed for the remainder of the crisis, he’d probably be leading in the polls.

Reactions: CiG
He was also dumb and listened to the libertarians and corpratists in his party instead of taking the populist route. Even if he had gotten a UBI passed for the remainder of the crisis, he’d probably be leading in the polls.

Yeah, he ran on a populist ticket in 2016, but he was never a populist candidate. He’s always put his business interests firsts and has used the office to expand his wallet at the cost of blue collar workers. But he knows exactly how to play his base, getting them riled up about “critical race theory” to distract them from the fact that he cares nothing about helping them financially.